Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Any tips on cleaning polished porcelain tiles?

Any tips on cleaning polished porcelain tiles?

Postby Expat in Quesada » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some tips on getting a streak free finish on our porcelain floor tiles. We have tried using a Shark steam cleaner with just plain water and also tried using a broom type cleaner (The Spanish equivalent of the Flash speedmop) but they both leave streaks when the liquid dries. If I get down on the floor and use a wet micro fibre cloth and then dry it quickly afterwards with a dry micro fibre cloth, I get excellent results but its a huge amount of effort compared to just steaming the floor. Anyone got any recommendations for the best method or product to use for the minimal amount of effort and best results?

Cheers.

John.
Expat in Quesada

Which part of Spain are you from?: Soon to be Quesada

Re: Any tips on cleaning polished porcelain tiles?

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:31 pm

Weve got porcelain tiles too and I found the best cleaner is 3 witches from Mercadona, it's in a green bottle and I use a Mercadona microfibre ordinary mop and bucket
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Expat in Quesada » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:08 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Weve got porcelain tiles too and I found the best cleaner is 3 witches from Mercadona, it's in a green bottle and I use a Mercadona microfibre ordinary mop and bucket

Many thanks for reply. I will give that a try.
Expat in Quesada

Postby Gustav » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:23 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Weve got porcelain tiles too and I found the best cleaner is 3 witches from Mercadona, it's in a green bottle and I use a Mercadona microfibre ordinary mop and bucket

Same here, mop and bucket
3witches, (3brugas)
Or the white cleaning vinegar (cheaper)good squirt and a squirt of fairy in the mopping water
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Expat in Quesada » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:44 am

Gustav wrote:

Same here, mop and bucket
3witches, (3brugas)
Or the white cleaning vinegar (cheaper)good squirt and a squirt of fairy in the mopping water

Thanks Gustav.
Expat in Quesada