Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Parking Fine received in Guadamar

Parking Fine received in Guadamar

Postby HelenOfford » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:30 pm

Friends of mine have just received a parking fine in Guadamar, on the the road near the beach shacks near the market. They are flying home on Sunday. Can anyone advise how they can arrange the parking fine fee ?
HelenOfford

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojalas Hills

Re: Parking Fine received in Guadamar

Postby suzi wong » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:25 pm

HelenOfford wrote:Friends of mine have just received a parking fine in Guadamar, on the the road near the beach shacks near the market. They are flying home on Sunday. Can anyone advise how they can arrange the parking fine fee ?

Was it a hire car? if so we had one about 5yrs. ago for a hire car,we paid it at Santander bank,if they’ve gt a written docket they could give it you & the money & you could pay it on their behalf on Monday.There’s probably a discount for paying before a certain date.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Calamity J » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:05 pm

The same thing has just happened to us. Had to read useful posts on here made last month for the answer - I am assuming a letter will be sent to the address of the car reg recorded, with details needed to pay the fine either online or at the Suma office in Guardamar. If paid within 20 days, the fine is reduced by 50%.
We have never picked up a ticket previously & believed it was free after a certain time, so I don’t know if things have changed recently or we’ve just been lucky.
Calamity J

Which part of Spain are you from?: Aeropuerto

Postby Graham_Lynn » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:56 pm

Calamity J wrote:The same thing has just happened to us. Had to read useful posts on here made last month for the answer - I am assuming a letter will be sent to the address of the car reg recorded, with details needed to pay the fine either online or at the Suma office in Guardamar. If paid within 20 days, the fine is reduced by 50%.
We have never picked up a ticket previously & believed it was free after a certain time, so I don’t know if things have changed recently or we’ve just been lucky.

Guardamar charge for parking in the blue bays between 10 am and 8pm, usually between June 15 - Sept 15. Meters appear when the charges are in force and disappear at the end of the season. There are so many parking meters around it’s impossible to miss them. But in fairness if you don’t go the beach very often , you’d probably think the meters are a permanent fixture. When we first moved , we worked it out right away, lots of empty blue bays near the beach and yet people were walking a fair distance from the free parking in the Main Street.
This has been the case for many years, although the meters have not been installed for the past few years , since Covid
Fines can be cancelled immediately by paying for excess parking at the meter complete with a very small admin fee. .
Fines can be payable at the SUMA office , with no additional charge.
Also can be paid via correos or a bank, with an admin fee. .
Information sourced from policia local and the ajuntament facebook pages.
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby HelenOfford » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:25 am

Thanks for the reply’s.
HelenOfford

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojalas Hills

Postby Gustav » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:10 am

:text-goodpost: :text-goodpost:
Graham_Lynn wrote:
Calamity J wrote:The same thing has just happened to us. Had to read useful posts on here made last month for the answer - I am assuming a letter will be sent to the address of the car reg recorded, with details needed to pay the fine either online or at the Suma office in Guardamar. If paid within 20 days, the fine is reduced by 50%.

Guardamar charge for parking in the blue bays between 10 am and 8pm, usually between June 15 - Sept 15. Meters appear when the charges are in force and disappear at the end of the season. There are so many parking meters around it’s impossible to miss them. But in fairness if you don’t go the beach very often , you’d probably think the meters are a permanent fixture. When we first moved , we worked it out right away, lots of empty blue bays near the beach and yet people were walking a fair distance from the free parking in the Main Street.
This has been the case for many years, although the meters have not been installed for the past few years , since Covid
Fines can be cancelled immediately by paying for excess parking at the meter complete with a very small admin fee. .
Fines can be payable at the SUMA office , with no additional charge.
Also can be paid via correos or a bank, with an admin fee. .
Information sourced from policia local and the ajuntament facebook pages.
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul Uden » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:13 am

It won't help the OP, but it's even easier if you can download the EasyPark app. Add your car registration and card details. You get a 15 minute warning when your time is nearly up and, if necessary, you can extend it from wherever you are in the town. If you are back early you only pay for the minutes you were there and you can even report/cancel a fine if you get one.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Harry Epsom » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:35 am

We had our ticket a month ago. I phoned Suma in Guardamar. English option. Very helpful guy. He advised that details were not yet on their system to enable me to pay, but they will eventually arrive at my home address in the post, allowing the 50% discount if paid within 20 days. If you will be abroad you will need to give access to your post box for someone to make the payment for you.
Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby sarnia cherie » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:02 pm

I also received a parking ticket I think at about the same time as you Harry from my post on this some time ago. After looking on the web for information that was totally wrong I wasted 2 days going to Correos, bank,Guardamar Ayumiento who sent me to office by the square with the metal palm trees. They asked if I had received a letter. You receive how and where to pay when you get it. I’m still waiting to receive it after 5 or 6 weeks.
Have you received yours yet Harry?
sarnia cherie

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo pepin

Postby Harry Epsom » Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:30 pm

Not yet Sarnia, but the guy at Suma said that the process is taking a long time at this time of the year. Apparently the fine is registered on the Suma computer system before it is posted to the intended recipient, and mine wasn’t on it when I enquired. I will ring again this week to see if it is on its way. I don’t want to miss out the 50% discount.
Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Next