Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Supermarket checkouts

Re: Supermarket checkouts

Postby Neradd » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:40 pm

Mr, Angry wrote:It makes me SO ANGRY. People at supermarket checkouts that load their bags at the conveyor belt instead of putting it in the trolley and getting out of the way. You see them everywhere, carefully packing their bags at the checkout and meanwhile there are queues of people waiting to be served. Then when they’ve packed their bags it’s time to get the purse out (more waiting) and where do they get all that change from? Of course everyone at the back of the queue has got melted ice cream and butter. Here’s a simple idea. PACK IT IN YOUR TROLLEY AND GET OUT OF THE WAY. Don’t be so thoughtless and inconsiderate.

Sod Off back to the UK then where every supermarket has taken out cash desks and replaced them with stupid user unfriendly self scan checkouts that has a stupid computerised woman reminds you 3 times this checkout is card only and shouts at you when you scan something wrong...
Not to mention the tut tut Police they have to call to authorise your 1 bottle of wine ( ok maybe 2).
And the thousand yard glare because you bought 2 boxes of Paracetamol and a box of antihistimines.
You can hear them think.. You stupid Ignorant child, Don't you know the rules?

Then, you watch everyone trying to find the barcode they need to scan.... That should be a Peter Kay sketch in its self.

On the Positive Side, your Butter and Ice cream will never melt...

Tranquillo, Be thankful for small mercies.
Neradd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby cjrk » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:26 pm

The difference between Lidl in UK and the one in Quesada is that the UK ones have shelves after the tills so that when you've been through checkout, you can put everything in the trolley at checkout and pack it at the shelves.
cjrk

Postby Big Wheeler » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:42 pm

cjrk wrote:The difference between Lidl in UK and the one in Quesada is that the UK ones have shelves after the tills so that when you've been through checkout, you can put everything in the trolley at checkout and pack it at the shelves.

Personally,after scanning I put the stuff back in the trolley,then bag it all in the boot of my car.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Steve wilkins » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:22 pm

What's the world coming to when people actually want to put their items in a bag after buying them!

I find that any hold ups are usually down to people paying with card, or their stupid phone. Nearly always a delay.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Babsie » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:53 am

worse than that is the people who queue up and their partner is still shopping and pops back and forth putting stuff in the basket. In other words they are still shopping but in the queue!
Babsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Ritchtee » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:02 am

If this is all you have to moan about then you're doing ok
Ritchtee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Whelts » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:44 am

A lot more effort is needed in this post. I'm still waiting for someone to blame Brexit.
Whelts

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela Costa

Postby Pete31 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:27 am

Whelts wrote:A lot more effort is needed in this post. I'm still waiting for someone to blame Brexit.

That was Tesco’s fault :text-lol: :text-lol:
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby Iancorker » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:12 am

Mr, Angry wrote:It makes me SO ANGRY. People at supermarket checkouts that load their bags at the conveyor belt instead of putting it in the trolley and getting out of the way. You see them everywhere, carefully packing their bags at the checkout and meanwhile there are queues of people waiting to be served. Then when they’ve packed their bags it’s time to get the purse out (more waiting) and where do they get all that change from? Of course everyone at the back of the queue has got melted ice cream and butter. Here’s a simple idea. PACK IT IN YOUR TROLLEY AND GET OUT OF THE WAY. Don’t be so thoughtless and inconsiderate.

Next time this happens try standing on one leg while counting down from 100 in sevens. You really need to find some way to handle stress. But if having to wait a bit at a supermarket is the most stressful problem you have, there really is nothing to worry about.
Iancorker

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Diane daya vieja » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:34 am

We are a finely oiled machine. My husband unpacks onto the conveyer belt with chilled items first, fruit and veg together etc whilst I pack into bags at the other end. He then takes over to finish off whilst I pay by card.
Sometimes I say “tarjeta” because the cashier is busy chatting to the next cashier. Job done. If someone behind only has a couple of items we let them go in front.
Mind you I am an ex professional supermarket employee!!
I’m sure you would approve Mr.Angry. Will add my husband hates to shop on his own because of the pressure he feels under
Diane daya vieja

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

PreviousNext