Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Supermarket checkouts

Re: Supermarket checkouts

Postby toffeeapple » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:20 pm

Mr, Angry wrote:
Bettyboo wrote:Surely you have all the time in the World living in Spain...Lol....
. I have the time Betty but I’d like to get home before my ice turns into a bag of water.

Buy some ice trays and make your own that's what I do
toffeeapple

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gustav » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:34 pm

The water wouldn't freeze fast enuf for Mr Angry :text-lol:
Gustav

Postby Mr, Angry » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:54 pm

Using the ice melting was just an analogy to raise the question of “why would anyone be so inconsiderate “. I would point out that it is impossible to pack your bags and keep up with the checkout lady, (especially at Lidl) therefore causing a backlog. Just get out of the way as quickly as possible in order to facilitate shorter queues.
Mr, Angry

Postby Steve wilkins » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:48 pm

Or why not get on to the said supermarket and tell them to hire more checkout staff? They all have about 10 lanes (except aldi) yet only two people max working at them, even in the peak of summer.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Diane daya vieja » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:33 pm

Ah! A Lidls shopper. That explains the anger. I ventured in there the other day. Only found 3 items I wanted to buy and then only 1 till open with long queue.
Back to Mercadona for me. Better quality products too.
Diane daya vieja

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:28 pm

I do go Lidl but don't like it, never liked it in the UK, more for the pikeys when they first started out. When I do go it's mainly butter, milk, cheese and wasting a few bob on crap from The middle aisles. If queues are long I ask if they'd open another till up, 9 out of 10 times they do. As for packing I don't have a whole weekly shop so I pack it as I go, if I'm ever slow at putting my purse away the girl on the till just slides the divider over and puts the next person's stuff there. I'm not rushing for anybody and if you made it known, I'd go slower!
Chrisdee

Postby Graham Stovold » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:04 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Shut up moaning
Graham Stovold

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Palacios

Postby elchedave » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:12 pm

Four pages of replies to another Mr Angry wind up, surely you all (& me) have far too much time on our hands.
:text-lol:
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby elliechalk » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:47 pm

AnnetteD wrote:I use my phone to pay for shopping and I’ve never held anyone up. Face recognition then ping it’s paid. The ones I find cause delays are the ones paying cash. There they are counting out their coins, trying to use every cent in their purse or wallet. Shoot me now :text-lol:

OMG - so convenient - but so traceable. You’re the poster girl for the AI promoters.

Would you agree to being chipped to save you having to press a button to get in a lift, pay your bills. Cask is king, use it or lose it.
elliechalk

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:56 pm

Using cask will certainly hold the queue up

elliechalk wrote:
AnnetteD wrote:I use my phone to pay for shopping and I’ve never held anyone up. Face recognition then ping it’s paid. The ones I find cause delays are the ones paying cash. There they are counting out their coins, trying to use every cent in their purse or wallet. Shoot me now :text-lol:

OMG - so convenient - but so traceable. You’re the poster girl for the AI promoters.

Would you agree to being chipped to save you having to press a button to get in a lift, pay your bills. Cask is king, use it or lose it.
Chrisdee

PreviousNext