Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pet insurance compulsory from 29th september

Pet insurance compulsory from 29th september

Postby telmel » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:12 pm

I have not seen this on any forums yet but it has been advertised many other places
Pet insurance is now compulsory from September 29th
Fines from 500 to 10,000 euros
https://www.healthplanspain.com/blog/sp ... spain.html
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Re: Pet insurance compulsory from 29th september

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:34 pm

It was on here last week or week before and again yesterday
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby telmel » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:09 pm

Chrisdee wrote:It was on here last week or week before and again yesterday

I did a forum search C and i didnt see anything about compulsory pet insurance come up
Then i did a manual search and I went back to the beginning of August and saw your post on the 3rd
Thanks for the heads up , i will leave the post there anyway for those still not aware , some people will not scroll back that far , it might help stop someone getting a fine
I hope it doesnt discourage people from adopting , some might not be able to afford the insurance
I also noticed some insurance companies have already put up their prices probably taking advantage of it being compulsory
telmel

Postby Terry the gardener » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:24 pm

I should not worry they very rarely check dogs or cats for micro chips and that is supposedly law to have ..out of 100% of dogs found and brought into the shelter I would say 90 % don't have microchip and cats even less...
Can't see there being a campaign to check insurance ect ..as said maybe if an accident was to happen they may ..and from what has been posted it is not expensive...
But even microchip is not expensive but there are still people how don't bother...or forget to update information..
Terry the gardener

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby telmel » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:08 pm

Terry the gardener wrote:I should not worry they very rarely check dogs or cats for micro chips and that is supposedly law to have ..out of 100% of dogs found and brought into the shelter I would say 90 % don't have microchip and cats even less...
Can't see there being a campaign to check insurance ect ..as said maybe if an accident was to happen they may ..and from what has been posted it is not expensive...
But even microchip is not expensive but there are still people how don't bother...or forget to update information..

It is not just to do with chipping T, its liability insurance incase a dog ,or cat, bites or scratches someone, possibly a child, or god forbid runs across a road causing a car accident where someone is injured
I am sure there are many other instances where insurance comes into play
If you have house insurance you may already be covered , but if not you can just pay a basic yearly fee or upgrade to cover things like vets fees, maybe vets provide a cover like this already ?
But as i mentioned having looked at insurance previously it seems they are putting up costs just prior to this new law
Its a shame they havent done the same with electric scooters though
telmel

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:16 pm

Do you think it covers vet fees, I wouldn't have thought so. Normal pet insurance is fairly expensive.
Chrisdee

Postby telmel » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:21 am

Chrisdee wrote:Do you think it covers vet fees, I wouldn't have thought so. Normal pet insurance is fairly expensive.

Some insurances do cover vets fees but the costs per year are a lot higher , also if your dog is over 6 years old vets costs increase
telmel

Postby Gez » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:18 am

Small dogs are covered on your home Insurance. I checked with mine, and we are covered.,always best to check first.
Gez

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Chaparral Torrevi

Postby Bee » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:51 am

Yes Gez. Household insurance always covers pets under public liability. It usually doesn't have a size limitation. However dangerous breed category requires insurance under their licensing regulations by the Town Hall.

Bee
Bee

Postby Gustav » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:04 am

Are feral noisey uncontrollable children covered on normal house insurance in case they do damage or vandalise people's property?
Would be interesting to know, as a neighbours child is very uncaring along the side of parked cars,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion