Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving to Spain

Re: Driving to Spain

Postby kevinchetwynd » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:52 am

Big Wheeler wrote:Google will show you umpteen routes with as many or as few tolls as you prefer. Does anybody go round the perephique?Really?
South from Calais you only pay toll between boulogne and Abbeville.Then through Rouen,biggish place but not usually too bad)and pick up A13 towards Caen.After only a few miles pick up motorway southbound via Le Mans,Tours,Poitiers and Bordeaux then A62 to Pau or A63 Bayonne and San Sebastian.If travel via Pau there is national road via Oloron into Spain via Somport tunnel.If you are into railways have a very interesting break at Canfranc station.Onwards into Spain via Jaca,Huesca and Zaragoza to quesada all toll free.

Thanks for info.
We do the Bordeaux route then A63 do to Zaragoza question is do we require snow chains for the route back in November as it’s a minefield to get the correct ones for our New shape Kuga with 19inch wheels.
kevinchetwynd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Driving to Spain

Postby Big Wheeler » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:59 pm

My snowchains are 20 years old and never been out of the box. I would recommend contacting the authorities in that region of France and Spain for the true regulations. Google translate is your friend.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Previous

Return to Quesada general discussion