Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Energy ratings

Energy ratings

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:46 am

Looking for a new fridge freezer and notice that most ratings are an 'F'. I thought that was the worst rating or one of the lowest, apparently not, ratings have now changed. An F is the new A+ or similar.
In fact, a fridge freezer that was previously rated A+ will now be rated F. This doesn’t make it any less energy efficient than it was before the new labels came in. In fact, most popular fridge freezers will be rated E and F: this is still considered energy efficient.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Energy ratings

Postby Bee » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:04 am

The ratings letters changed and the F is now equivalent to the A. That was what I was told when buying a freezer lately as I was surprised with the F. Just to confuse us more.

Bee
Bee

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:10 am

Yes it is confusing, I saw one on here or another site saying it was an F rating and it put me right off. When I went looking yesterday they were all F. Apparently everything is getting more efficient and most things were up in the A groups so that's why they got the new rating system.
Chrisdee

Postby Steve wilkins » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:52 am

It's confusing i know. I pay no attention to the ratings, but more to the amounts of watts it uses if you can find that information. You can have a F rated fridge that uses 100w and you can have a F rated fridge that uses 150w. Big difference yet rated the same. Funnily enough, i have noticed the bigger Fridges seem to be more economical that the small ones.
Steve wilkins