Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving Bilbao to Alicante

Driving Bilbao to Alicante

Postby Murt » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:13 pm

I'm just about to drive an Irish registered car from the port in Bilbao to Quesada for an extended holiday. I know nothing about low emissions zones or anything like that.

Do i need to be aware of any green zones to avoid or an I safe just following Google maps as normal.

Once there, do I have to apply for some sort of sticker, or am I good to go?
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Re: Driving Bilbao to Alicante

Postby marcliff » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:31 pm

Foreign cars can't get a sticker in Spain. Alicante will be introducing the LEZ in October apparently but only applies to the sea front area and historic area around the castle.

However, does Ireland have its own emissions sticker? You may find this is recognised in Spain as is the French one (though not the other way round).

If no sticker, you need to register a foreign car with the DGT (traffic department) for single day visits (bit of a pain).
Information is shown here Alicante

Foreign cars entering the zones will be liable to a 100 euro fine if no prior authorisation.
Stick to through roads which aren't in the LEZs
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Murt » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:17 pm

Thanks Marcliff.

Nothing in Ireland so far, but no doubt it will come. Probably easiest if I just stay out of Alicante City

I wonder if Google has any plans for Google Maps to help you avoid LEZ roads, the same way as you can instruct it to avoid motorways and toll roads.
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby Calledali » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:41 pm

Did that run on 8th August in my uk reg car. Get a French Crit Air sticker which is accepted in Spain. Cost about £5.00. If you travel via Madrid, Valencia, La Font de La figurea, Elche you do not enter restricted zones.
Took us 8 hours to Quesada
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Bee » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:24 pm

I wouldn't worry about it Murt. If you want the French Crit Air Sticker have a look at this website. That is what UK drivers are using.
https://entreprendre.service-public.fr/ ... 84?lang=en

No major roads on outskirts of towns and cities will have these zones. They will be confined to city/ towns with over 50k population centres only. Looking at Marcliff's map for Alicante you can still travel in on the N332 through Alicant city and park in the Port area.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Return to Quesada general discussion