Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Flights to Heathrow

Re: Flights to Heathrow

Postby Paul M » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:29 am

billogs wrote:I'm pretty sure that you can get a connecting bus from Gatwick to Heathrow?
May be worth checking out
Regards Gary

Yes Gary, you are right, National Express run buses between Gatwick and Heathrow. However, it stops at every terminal so depending on which terminal you need, it can take two hours plus.

Also, it’s around £30 per person so if there are three or more travelling, a taxi (£100) is a much better option costing only £10 more than bus for three pax (or cheaper for 4 or 5) and is direct to the terminal you require. Takes between 40 and 75 mins depending on M25 traffic.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby marcliff » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:15 pm

millies123 wrote:BA were definitely doing it in July as we nearly booked it but suddenly we had a bereavement, but they don't seam to be doing it now

My daughter lives just outside Heathrow near Staines so it would ideal. However, the BA flights are not direct and they transit through Madrid where you change for Iberia or Vueling (same company). The flight is advertised Heathrow to Alicante but there is a change en route.

She did it once and it was horrendous and took nearly 8 hours with waiting at Madrid. Since then she has come via Gatwick as they are direct.

We did the Heathrow to Alicante direct but that was over 4 years ago and they stopped it.
Going the other way via Madrid is also a pain as it's a huge airport. The flight Alicante to Madrid lands at one part then there's a huge airport to get through including a train to get to international departures. If you do go that way make sure there's a long time gap between landing and taking off.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Mrs D » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:20 pm

The bus gatwick to heathrow takes 1hr 5 mins...... done it several times in last couple of years.
the trip to Valencia from here is just over 2 hours, Valencia airport is horrible. If you want to eat forget it, eat beforehand, no decent eateries there from experience!
Mrs D

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso Guradamar De

Postby Paul58 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:45 pm

achoosey wrote:Cheers Gary, think we have decided to fly from Valencia to Heathrow

Good luck.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Previous