Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

SIP card cancellation

Re: SIP card cancellation

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:15 pm

Looks like myself and a friend are in the position where we need our own independent SIP card. We both have old S1s and letters from DWP in English and Spanish stating we are not entitled to UK healthcare, also old. What do we have to do now? Any ideas.Thank you for any help.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:53 pm

Get onto Newcastle who will issue you an S1 in your own name instead of as a beneficiary. Then register it with the INSS.

I was in the same position when we moved over as the pension age for my wife was then 60. I was her beneficiary until I reached 65 (oh, so long ago) and Newcastle issued me an S1 in my own name which no longer stated beneficiary. I kept my old beneficiary card and could use that until my own SIP one came through.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:11 pm

Thank you so much for that Marcliff
Chrisdee

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:15 pm

All done called dead on 9am when they opened, got straight through after listening to a 2 min recording. Said they couldn't issue the new S1 but would pass it onto the dept that could. Process took around 15-20 mins, said it would take up to 15 days whilst they cancel the old S1 and issue a new one. That will be received by post and email. Fingers crossed it'll turn up and then I can register it at INSS. My friend then called them and exactly the same, all very easy. I was told once the S1 is received I have to return my EHIC and then apply for a new one.
Chrisdee

Postby Graham_Lynn » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:33 am

Chrisdee wrote:All done called dead on 9am when they opened, got straight through after listening to a 2 min recording. Said they couldn't issue the new S1 but would pass it onto the dept that could. Process took around 15-20 mins, said it would take up to 15 days whilst they cancel the old S1 and issue a new one. That will be received by post and email. Fingers crossed it'll turn up and then I can register it at INSS. My friend then called them and exactly the same, all very easy. I was told once the S1 is received I have to return my EHIC and then apply for a new one.

I phoned for my S1 last Wednesday, it was emailed to me on Monday afternoon it’s very colourful!!! doesn’t look the one I piggybacked on previously. Nothing was said to me about applying for a new EHIC card, although mine has been renewed fairly recently as a S1 beneficiary.
I got an updated padron yesterday, so now having to go through the trauma of registering at INSS.
Can anyone recommend a local gestor? I previously used One Way Services, but having trouble finding him open nowadays, obviously need it completing asap as DWP have cancelled my previous S1
How easy is it to do online, do you just upload the required documents, if so has anyone got the link.

Lynn
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:42 am

Please let us know how you get on Lynn and exactly what you did.
I was hoping to do it myself?

Graham_Lynn wrote:
Chrisdee wrote:All done called dead on 9am when they opened, got straight through after listening to a 2 min recording. Said they couldn't issue the new S1 but would pass it onto the dept that could. Process took around 15-20 mins, said it would take up to 15 days whilst they cancel the old S1 and issue a new one. That will be received by post and email. Fingers crossed it'll turn up and then I can register it at INSS. My friend then called them and exactly the same, all very easy. I was told once the S1 is received I have to return my EHIC and then apply for a new one.

I phoned for my S1 last Wednesday, it was emailed to me on Monday afternoon it’s very colourful!!! doesn’t look the one I piggybacked on previously. Nothing was said to me about applying for a new EHIC card, although mine has been renewed fairly recently as a S1 beneficiary.
I got an updated padron yesterday, so now having to go through the trauma of registering at INSS.
Can anyone recommend a local gestor? I previously used One Way Services, but having trouble finding him open nowadays, obviously need it completing asap as DWP have cancelled my previous S1
How easy is it to do online, do you just upload the required documents, if so has anyone got the link.

Lynn
Chrisdee

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:44 am

Once you do get your new SIP card apply for a new EHIC to be on the safe side, you don't want to need it and it be "The computer say no"
Chrisdee

Postby elchedave » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:23 am

Hi Lynn,
You could try Right Move by the petrol station in Quesada, Lauren did mine, my wife's & a friends. She charges 50 euros each & even registers you with a Doctor.
Regards,
Dave.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:59 am

Hi Lynn, Craig at One Way Services will do it for €25 so maybe worth waiting until you find it open.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby elchedave » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:07 pm

Paul Uden wrote:Hi Lynn, Craig at One Way Services will do it for €25 so maybe worth waiting until you find it open.

I guess that is ok if you don't urgently need medical cover, is your health not worth an extra 25 euros, i know mine is.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

PreviousNext