Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

unbelievable neighbours

unbelievable neighbours

Postby Roy and Mo Williams » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:28 am

Yesterday my wife was tidying our garden and put three garden brushes tidily behind one of our conifers on our land, our next door neighbour reached over the fence removed the brushes and removed the handles by sawing them off, then returned the brush heads by putting them back into our garden minus the handles, I am at a loss as to what to do about it, I have recently undergone heart surgery and told by my cardiologist to have complete rest, so obviously if we approach them as to why they did this there will be problems. other neighbours have advised us to report it to the police, but we think that will lead to more problems. Advice would be appreciated.
Roy and Mo Williams

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: unbelievable neighbours

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:36 am

What advice do you expect to get? Talk to them or report to police as you already say.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Gustav » Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:44 am

Please contact the Police,
Only for the sake of them calling on you and logging it on there system,
Then if further things happen you have the events leading up to it ,in effect hes stole the brush handles,
Thats damage&theft
Call the police,
We have dickhead neighbours Police is the only way to go,Police will decide what is best, its there job
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby telmel » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:48 pm

I would forget what happened
I would not normally say this but if you have recently had heart surgery you dont want further stress that could damage your health
I would install a camera though , you can buy one very cheaply online through amazon or temu as i posted elsewhere, to keep an eye on your garden , i have a few dotted around the house since my neighbours were robbed, you are talking 15 to 20 euros for a cheap wi fi camera or more if you want it more sophisticated
If they see you are filming they probably wouldnt do anything like this again , it does sound like a kids prank, something an idiot on tiktok would do
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Roy and Mo Williams » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:22 pm

Thank you Gustav and telmel, Thats the sort of reply that I was hoping to hear, we have now made up our minds what to do. telmel that last comment of yours is spot on, that is exactly what they are, Thanks.
Roy and Mo Williams

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby telmel » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:48 pm

Roy and Mo Williams wrote:Thank you Gustav and telmel, Thats the sort of reply that I was hoping to hear, we have now made up our minds what to do. telmel that last comment of yours is spot on, that is exactly what they are, Thanks.

No problem both, from experience i know small matters can escalate into larger ones
We live in an unjust world unfortunately , sometimes its best to turn a blind eye or let the camera be your eyes
Good luck , i hope you have a speedy recovery
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby daz » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:38 pm

I see the different replies, but, I would be on the side of reporting it. If something so weird like that can happen, no previous argument, nothing to learn from it as not doing a certain action to encourage it to happen again, then there is no way you can let it lie. As said, report it, because it can happen again and again, and all without your encouragement. They may be renters, or do they have other mental health problems. Either way it happened without prompt and can happen again. Be safe, look after yourself before it escalates.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby blingle » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:06 pm

Wouldn't the police be asking "how can you prove they did it?".

Surely the neighbours would deny it, and then the OP would be back to square one.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Calledali » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:40 pm

I have such a Richard head next to me. After heavy rain which flooded his garden, he thought it was ok to knock a hole in our adjoining wall to let the water escape. This flooded our pool terrace, flooded the underground pump house and wrecked the pool pump. Cost me over €300 to replace the pump. He is now complaining about a palm tree which might damage the wall.
If he reads this I say tough shit Kidda be neighbourly and bury your head in sand
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Gustav » Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:03 am

blingle wrote:Wouldn't the police be asking "how can you prove they did it?".

Surely the neighbours would deny it, and then the OP would be back to square one.

But it's reported and logged as a police visit and reason why,speaking from experience, that what the police said to me how can I prove it, but they logged there visit, and now realize after several visits,the situation is under semi control after the police speaking to neighbour, but I have no hesitation at ringing them again in the future which they told me to do.
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next