Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Little kittens

Little kittens

Postby Keepam » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:00 pm

A week ago, two little kittens turned up with their mother, who now seems to have deserted them. They seem to pick up food from around but we are reluctant to give them food. They seem to live under our car or hide under our sun loungers. Other neighbours have dogs,seems our place is a safe refuge. I have no chance of catching them as I am over 80.Is there any way we can get them taken away??
Keepam

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Little kittens

Postby Tonbar » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:04 pm

We have the same problem only with the mother as well who spits at us. There is a cat rescue home in Torrevieja next to the fire station. They are full as are other rescue places. No one else is interested. You can feed them or ignore them depends on how you feel. It's a problem.
Tonbar

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Little kittens

Postby Babsie » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:05 pm

Unfortunately I am in the same boat. Lost our two little doggies and was feeling very low and a mum and her two gorgeous kittens turned up. I now find myself feeding then twice a day even bought cat food. They wait at my back door and I just cant refuse them
I dont let them in and wash the bowls well after each feed. The mum cat snarls at me if I keep them waiting so I dont go near her or touch then at all. I love most animals but always had dogs but find it impossible to ignore a hungry and thirsty mum and her babies. I was under tje imoreddiim that vets sprayed feral cats free of charge but not any more. What do we do when we go away as we do quite often ? Tried four cat places, dont want to know. At a loss to know what to do, know made rod for my own back
Babsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada