Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving through Rouen, Low emission zone.

Driving through Rouen, Low emission zone.

Postby llanedeyrnjack » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:52 am

Hi all,

I am driving down soon via Rouen & unfortunately my car is a 2012 diesel which doesn't conform to the Crit air regulations so doesn't qualify for a sticker.

My usual route through Rouen takes me via the A28/N28 into the Tunnel de la Grand Mare, onto the D18E through St Etienne de Rouvray onto the A13.

It seems as though this route now encompasses the Crit air zone so is no longer viable for my car. I used this route in June & don't remember seeing any signs indicating a Crit air zone & have not received any fine in the post as yet.

Has anybody on here used an alternative route to get around Rouen to the A13 which is as short as possible mileage/time wise.

Thanks for any help offered,

llanedeyrnjack
llanedeyrnjack

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Re: Driving through Rouen, Low emission zone.

Postby Darro » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:26 am

Sorry realised after posting that you're talking about a car not a motor home but I'll leave it out there anyway for the benefit or others.

I believe enforcement for cars is by police until 2024 when cameras take over.

https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/count ... ance/rouen

From the City of Rouen ZFE Department.

"Sir,

You wanted to know if there was an exemption for motorhomes to drive in the ZFE-m of the Rouen Normandy Metropolis.

We confirm that motorhomes are authorized to circulate in the ZFE-m by way of derogation, until June 30, 2024.

Cordially

The ZFE-m Team"

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/to ... en/page/3/
Darro

Postby Big Wheeler » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:56 pm

If you are travelling south from Calais,after you pass Neufchatel take the A29 direction le Havre.Exit autoroute at Yerville then follow route national to Yvetot and pick up signs for Pont be Brotonne and on towards Bourg Achard where you could take the A13 in either direction or the A28 south to Le Mans. a
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby glen.monks » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:06 am

Last Waze took me down to a boat crossing and when we got there the boats were cancelled. So i headed back up to Rouen and followed the motorway across the Seine. I couldnt see any signs and had nothing in the post. I have now applied for the sticker for about 4 euros. Alternatibely uou can go the Reims way done to Perpignan and circumvent Montpelier. Then down the AP7
glen.monks

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesad

Postby brandyboy » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:23 am

glen.monks wrote:Last Waze took me down to a boat crossing and when we got there the boats were cancelled. So i headed back up to Rouen and followed the motorway across the Seine. I couldnt see any signs and had nothing in the post. I have now applied for the sticker for about 4 euros. Alternatibely uou can go the Reims way done to Perpignan and circumvent Montpelier. Then down the AP7

I had the Crit-Aire but Waze took me down to the free ferry crossing across the Seine, I wasn’t in a hurry so I found it quite entertaining. Obviously Waze routes you assuming you need to avoid the LEZ, so best to check the settings when using Waze where you’re liable to cross low emission zones.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby glen.monks » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:01 pm

I think you can load the Crit air into Waze. Obv the poster doesnt have that option. One more route is via Versailles near Paris i dont think i hit a crit air that route.
glen.monks

Postby glen.monks » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:08 pm

There are two types of low emission zones in France: ZFE (Zones à Faibles Émissions) which are in force all the time, and ones which come into force when air quality is particularly bad1. As of July 2023, there are 14 ZFEs including Paris, Lille, Lyon, Strasbourg, Bordeaux, Clermont-Ferrand, Grenoble, Rouen, Reims, Saint-Étienne, Aix-Marseille, Toulouse, Nice and Montpellier23. To drive into these areas, your car must have been built after January 1997 and be displaying a Crit’Air sticker in the windscreen1. The French government has decided to extend low emission zones to all cities and large towns in France by 20301.
Hope this helps
glen.monks

Postby llanedeyrnjack » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:52 pm

Thanks all for the advice. As I said I do not qualify to enter any Crit air zones as it's a 2012 diesel.

So Thanks especially to Big Wheeler for his route. I have run it through on Google maps street view & it only adds about 30 miles to the journey & also looks a nice run.

Thanks again,

llanedeyrnjack
llanedeyrnjack