Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Beware of when you go the beach ..

Beware of when you go the beach ..

Postby camionpilot » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:29 pm

...for a swim .

• More than 15 people a day are seeking first aid after being bitten by fish
  • There have been several cases on the famous Poniente beach in Benidorm
Holidaymakers in Benidorm have been warned of fish attacks because the Med has become unusually warm.
More than 15 people a day are seeking first aid on Alicante's beaches after being bitten by fearless obladas, or saddled seabream - small grey fish with a black spot on their tail fin.
They are said to be attracted by moles, warts or small wounds on the skin - especially on older people.
The fish, which can reach about 12in (30cm) in length, are drawing blood and even leaving teeth wounds on their victims' arms, legs and backs.
In recent days there have been several cases on the famous Poniente beach in Benidorm, according to the Spanish newspaper Informacion.es.

It is thought that all the Costa blanca coast could be at risk from these fish as most of the coast has similar tempretures
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada