Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Solar panels

Re: Solar panels

Postby telmel » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:04 pm

russ2u wrote:
telmel wrote:
Tonbar wrote:You need to get the company down to give you a quote. Every circumstance is different. The size of your home does it face south how much are your electric bills? I have 7 panels which will generate enough excess to take me through the night and days when there isn't much or no sun. My wife and I are 80. We should get our money back within 4 years max. Also they will make our villa more saleable if we choose to downsize. We would never return to the UK. Unfortunately it is going downhill very quickly. But then again that is another discussion. Hope this helps.

I dont mean to sound unkind but why would you spend thousands on solar panels if you are in your 80's ?
You may not get the cost back for many years which would not benefit you with your age
I am not as old as you but i consider it too late in my life now to shell out on something so expensive , besides i have a good tariff with iberdrola that reduces my bills a lot
I would have spent the money on a world cruise or something that would give me enjoyment
I understand if you are leaving the house to your family and it could benefit them, but i would put myself first
To be honest when i first read your post i thought you were the company promoting themselves with all the contact information
I really do think they have taken advantage of you here, sorry, but just my opinion
Take care

Wow! What a crass comment! Why should someone not be entitled to improve their lives because you deem them past a suitable age! Many people live well into their nineties, and they are the people who continue to live life and don't decide that they are too old. You are never too old unless you choose to be!

It was not meant to be crass R, but solar panels are an investment for the future, ie it takes years before they become profitable
This was just my opinion, i am about 10 years behind this gentleman in age and would not be buying solar panels
I would prefer something i could enjoy now , but as he pointed out to me he is enjoying holidays etc and his purchase

Also driving a campervan at 80 plus is a great achievement , so kudos to him
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Gustav » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:36 pm

I would,nt call tellmels comments crass,
People have different views on spending there money on( if they have any spare in this day and age) in later life,
I can see both views,
And comments are both valid in my view,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gustav » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:37 pm

Tonbar wrote:You need to get the company down to give you a quote. Every circumstance is different. The size of your home does it face south how much are your electric bills? I have 7 panels which will generate enough excess to take me through the night and days when there isn't much or no sun. My wife and I are 80. We should get our money back within 4 years max. Also they will make our villa more saleable if we choose to downsize. We would never return to the UK. Unfortunately it is going downhill very quickly. But then again that is another discussion. Hope this helps.

Thanks for reply,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Ritchtee » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:11 am

Has anyone ever got their grant? We were told we'd have a reduction in our council tax Also.

Been 12 months since they were fitted and no sign of either
Ritchtee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Darro » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:52 am

Gustav wrote:How many panels
To produce How many kilowatts
How many storage batteries
How much total cost , including installation,
To see if its worth the outlay at my time of life,
Thankyou
Please,
No answer to what is the most pertinent question?

How much have you been paying on average in the past?

Your chosen installer may have done a good job but with no one else to directly compare with it's difficult to see how you can justifiably label them "exceptionally good".
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby 1946 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:38 am

We live in a different part of Spain didn’t get any grants but have solar plus a battery and we are very happy.

Which part of Spain are you from?: Valencia

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:43 am

Well done Tonbar. I’m very impressed that you are so forward thinking, it’s what every resident in Spain should be doing. We don’t live here but definitely would consider it if we did. Every urbanisation should be using solar power to illuminate outdoor areas and heat swimming pools. It would be super to be able to use the pool off season without being frozen.
I’ve noticed that many of the crossings nearby have flashing g lights powered by solar panels. I’ve noticed that we are doing the same at home in (NI). in public spaces ie road works.
Anyway, enjoy your investment and very well done.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby OGM » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:31 pm

I don’t live, just a holiday home. So I can’t claim any help with costs I had a 10 panel system installed along with a 5kw battery. More or less no bills, so it’ll take 6 or 7 years to pay for themselves., based on current use.

But at the end of the day my son who will inherit will be the benificary. It’s money I had spare and I’m thinking of the future.

Do what you want, fit them, don’t fit them. It’s no one’s business but your own how you spend your own money.
OGM

Postby TimSha1213 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:04 pm

:text-goodpost:
TimSha1213

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:13 am

OGM

I’d really appreciate if you’d tell me the cost of the 10 panels and 5 kw battery. Where are all the solar panels located? We have a big solarium and some neighbours have what looks like 2 big panels. Our outdoor space is for relaxing on so wouldn’t want to install panels there. I suppose the gable wall could accommodate them.
Keen to hear as this is the way to go.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

PreviousNext