Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Solar panels

Re: Solar panels

Postby Cualquier chisme? » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:45 am

OGM wrote:I don’t live, just a holiday home. So I can’t claim any help with costs I had a 10 panel system installed along with a 5kw battery. More or less no bills, so it’ll take 6 or 7 years to pay for themselves., based on current use.

But at the end of the day my son who will inherit will be the benificary. It’s money I had spare and I’m thinking of the future.

Do what you want, fit them, don’t fit them. It’s no one’s business but your own how you spend your own money.

You can get reduced SUMA and you should have applied for the grant.

I have regisitered with my local office to get the SUMA reduction and I have lodged my grant application which I'm told takes between 6 - 12 months. The only issue I had being that I needed a Spanish bank account (Spanish IBAN) as they will not pay the grant into a non-Spanish account even if it's an EU IBAN.
Cualquier chisme?

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Wingnut » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:33 am

Is it possible to apply for the EU grant retrospectively? We were not told about this before having them installed. A link to the website would be much appreciated.
As for the SUMA discount, we applied back in February and have heard nothing since. Yes, I have phoned to enquire.
And the tax deduction. Well the first of three payments was last December and the certificate to allow the claim arrived after the deadline to submit our Renta for 2022. So bye bye to that. The other two payments in January we will have to wait until the Renta for 2023 and hope for the best.
So if you are basing a decision about solar panels on incentives, then be prepared to be disappointed.
Wingnut

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Steve wilkins » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:52 am

Can you get the grant before getting them fitted? Doing so would make the installation more affordable. It's a big outlay and the prices i have seen seem to be over market value for any sort of installation. It's also less appealing when you spend all that money when iberdrola only give you 5c per kw/h buy back for any excess produced. Giving you 5c then selling it to someone else for 20c+. No wonder they're keen to do all the paperwork for you!
Steve wilkins

Postby Wingnut » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:57 pm

Not only that, if you buy say, €20 of power at night during the month and then send them €50 worth during the day you only get the €20 deducted from the bill. Iberdrola trousers the other €30.
They must be raking it in, thousands of customers giving them free electricity.
Time to buy Iberdrola shares perhaps.
Wingnut

Postby Cualquier chisme? » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:55 am

The funding for the solar panel grants opened in October 2022 so any installation before that date is not eligible.
The grants are only paid retrospectively.
Iberdrola have a virtual solar cloud which you should be accessing which allows you to bank unused kW for later use. At the end of your 12 month contract period if there is any excess kW then they pay you upto a maximum of €480.

https://www.iberdrola.es/smart-solar/se ... olar-cloud
Cualquier chisme?

Postby Wingnut » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:49 am

Does anyone have a link for these grants?
Wingnut

Postby Cualquier chisme? » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:40 am

Wingnut wrote:Does anyone have a link for these grants?

https://subvenziona.es/

I did it through this company.
Cualquier chisme?

Postby Papo » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:43 pm

Hello everyone,
I see that many people have installed solar panels in the last short time.
Please recommend a professionally competent, well-working company that installs the system at a realistic price and you are satisfied with them.
Thanks.
Papo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Previous