Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Solar panels

Solar panels

Postby Tonbar » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:58 am

I have just had Solar panels installed. If anyone is thinking about it, it is a no brainer. The grant you get from the EU. 50% reduction on Suma over 3 years. Up to 40% off income tax. Plus very low electric bills if any except for standing charges you should get you money back in 3 to 4 years. The company I used Solar Works in Alicante 965 085 888 684 467 662 Juan Alcala [email protected] He speaks very good English. They are an exceptionally good company
Tonbar

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Solar panels

Postby hobnob » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:15 am

Hi..could you explain how you can get 40% off income tax.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby Tonbar » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:18 am

I said up to. Take the invoice to your accountant and the invoice amount is entered on the tax return. My accountant has done this many times
Tonbar

Postby hobnob » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:41 am

Hi...apologies...yes you did say up to. So in essence it is the cost of the installation work etc that has a tax deductable element. Thank you for the information.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby Gustav » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:55 am

How many panels
To produce How many kilowatts
How many storage batteries
How much total cost , including installation,
To see if its worth the outlay at my time of life,
Thankyou
Please,
Gustav

Postby Tonbar » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:48 am

You need to get the company down to give you a quote. Every circumstance is different. The size of your home does it face south how much are your electric bills? I have 7 panels which will generate enough excess to take me through the night and days when there isn't much or no sun. My wife and I are 80. We should get our money back within 4 years max. Also they will make our villa more saleable if we choose to downsize. We would never return to the UK. Unfortunately it is going downhill very quickly. But then again that is another discussion. Hope this helps.
Tonbar

Postby telmel » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:17 pm

Tonbar wrote:You need to get the company down to give you a quote. Every circumstance is different. The size of your home does it face south how much are your electric bills? I have 7 panels which will generate enough excess to take me through the night and days when there isn't much or no sun. My wife and I are 80. We should get our money back within 4 years max. Also they will make our villa more saleable if we choose to downsize. We would never return to the UK. Unfortunately it is going downhill very quickly. But then again that is another discussion. Hope this helps.

I dont mean to sound unkind but why would you spend thousands on solar panels if you are in your 80's ?
You may not get the cost back for many years which would not benefit you with your age
I am not as old as you but i consider it too late in my life now to shell out on something so expensive , besides i have a good tariff with iberdrola that reduces my bills a lot
I would have spent the money on a world cruise or something that would give me enjoyment
I understand if you are leaving the house to your family and it could benefit them, but i would put myself first
To be honest when i first read your post i thought you were the company promoting themselves with all the contact information
I really do think they have taken advantage of you here, sorry, but just my opinion
Take care
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Tonbar » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:37 pm

Not being taken advantage of I am quite capable of making my own mind up. In my comment I said with grants and saving on bills I would get my money back in 4 years max. In the meantime I can look forward to very low or maybe no elec bills. As you don't know me I think it a bit presumptuous of you to comment in such a way. The tariff I am on with another electric company is lower than Iberdrola. You choose to go on a cruise will you though? I chose to enhance my property and spend the money on solar panels. For your information we are cruising next year and going to the UK for a month in our holiday home.
Tonbar

Postby telmel » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:34 pm

Tonbar wrote:Not being taken advantage of I am quite capable of making my own mind up. In my comment I said with grants and saving on bills I would get my money back in 4 years max. In the meantime I can look forward to very low or maybe no elec bills. As you don't know me I think it a bit presumptuous of you to comment in such a way. The tariff I am on with another electric company is lower than Iberdrola. You choose to go on a cruise will you though? I chose to enhance my property and spend the money on solar panels. For your information we are cruising next year and going to the UK for a month in our holiday home.

Nice to hear you are making the most of your years T
Not a criticism about the solar panels just an observation and an opinion from a different angle
You are fortunate to be able to afford nice holidays and solar panels
Good luck to you
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby russ2u » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:52 pm

telmel wrote:
Tonbar wrote:You need to get the company down to give you a quote. Every circumstance is different. The size of your home does it face south how much are your electric bills? I have 7 panels which will generate enough excess to take me through the night and days when there isn't much or no sun. My wife and I are 80. We should get our money back within 4 years max. Also they will make our villa more saleable if we choose to downsize. We would never return to the UK. Unfortunately it is going downhill very quickly. But then again that is another discussion. Hope this helps.

I dont mean to sound unkind but why would you spend thousands on solar panels if you are in your 80's ?
You may not get the cost back for many years which would not benefit you with your age
I am not as old as you but i consider it too late in my life now to shell out on something so expensive , besides i have a good tariff with iberdrola that reduces my bills a lot
I would have spent the money on a world cruise or something that would give me enjoyment
I understand if you are leaving the house to your family and it could benefit them, but i would put myself first
To be honest when i first read your post i thought you were the company promoting themselves with all the contact information
I really do think they have taken advantage of you here, sorry, but just my opinion
Take care

Wow! What a crass comment! Why should someone not be entitled to improve their lives because you deem them past a suitable age! Many people live well into their nineties, and they are the people who continue to live life and don't decide that they are too old. You are never too old unless you choose to be!
russ2u

Next