Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Itchy forehead

Re: Itchy forehead

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:18 pm

Sincere thanks for all this wonderful advice. I’m now the proud owner of a lovely Aloevera plant which boasts a small baby one beside it. I removed a stalk and cut it to access the sap. I’ve covered my forehead and the itching has completely gone. It’s like a miracle and I wish I’d done this days ago.
Hallelujah. Back to the old cures and without doubt, a much healthier way to heal oneself.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Bee » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:23 pm

Great news R. Will the plant survive when you return home?

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:35 pm

I think they're fairly hardy as they survive in the wild

Bee wrote:Great news R. Will the plant survive when you return home?

Bee
Chrisdee

Postby Bee » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:58 pm

Thanks Chris. I suppose if it is left outside it would be ok.

Bee
Bee

Postby Steve wilkins » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:44 am

That's great that it's working. Not to put a dampner on anything, but it is possible that you still may get a itch due to the healing process i said earlier. Having said that, it's great your getting results.

There's alot to be said about this natural "crap" but all you can do is try. If it doesn't work, then fair enough, another approach is needed.
Steve wilkins

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:47 am

A big thanks to all of you good people who offered advice to me. I really appreciated it enormously. Now I have numerous medications and a beautiful plant to remind me to be more careful in future.

Isn’t life such a learning curve!! Not long ago I learnt to buy factor 50 suitable for children so that the sweat and cream didn’t affect my contact lenses and sting my eyes. Got all that sorted and then get my forehead badly burnt. You couldn’t write it. Cheers.
Mac3blade

Postby Pete31 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:41 am

Mac3blade wrote:Good morning everyone.
We arrived here 2 weeks ago and have spend many days relaxing by the sea. I wore la Roche Possay factor 50 on my face but foolishly didn’t reapply through the day. The result was a burnt forehead, cheeks and nose. The skin peeled off after a few days and then thus crazy itch started from the hairline to my eyes. After googling this condition, it’s caused by sweat and blocked ducts. Yesterday, it was so bad that I wanted to scratch the skin off. Found a pharmacy open in La Mata and spoke with the chemist. I was given a box of antihistamines and a tube of cream. I’m planning to stay out of the sun for a couple of days in the hope that this hell goes away.
Has anyone else had this? I’m not a stranger to the sun and use good sun screen but never have I experienced anything as ghastly as this.
The humidity at the moment must be the cause but maybe I’m wrong. Any suggestions.

Yes I did CV burn my forehead some years ago while driving my sports car did not realise
That it had burned I have had tablets from the drs but it also itched like mad, it’s not too bad now. Pete
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby telmel » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:38 pm

Steve wilkins wrote:That's great that it's working. Not to put a dampner on anything, but it is possible that you still may get a itch due to the healing process i said earlier. Having said that, it's great your getting results.

There's alot to be said about this natural "crap" but all you can do is try. If it doesn't work, then fair enough, another approach is needed.

Just dont let the pharmaceutical companies hear about these home cures , they dont like it when people start using natural remedies, it cuts into their huge profits
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby faolteam » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:23 pm

We’re does one buy these plants, in torrevieja can I bring it home on, plane
faolteam

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:59 am

I bought mine in Torrevieja from a shop near the big beach on the other side of town. I’d put it into my luggage and bring it home. Actually, no. If you live in England the EU forbids you to carry plants in soil. We live in (NI) and our garden centres aren’t allowed to bring things in from mainland Britain! We live in the U.K. but are subject to EU laws still.

Of course, ignorance is bliss! How would any of us know these rules!
Mac3blade

PreviousNext

Return to Quesada general discussion