Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Itchy forehead

Itchy forehead

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:35 am

Good morning everyone.
We arrived here 2 weeks ago and have spend many days relaxing by the sea. I wore la Roche Possay factor 50 on my face but foolishly didn’t reapply through the day. The result was a burnt forehead, cheeks and nose. The skin peeled off after a few days and then thus crazy itch started from the hairline to my eyes. After googling this condition, it’s caused by sweat and blocked ducts. Yesterday, it was so bad that I wanted to scratch the skin off. Found a pharmacy open in La Mata and spoke with the chemist. I was given a box of antihistamines and a tube of cream. I’m planning to stay out of the sun for a couple of days in the hope that this hell goes away.
Has anyone else had this? I’m not a stranger to the sun and use good sun screen but never have I experienced anything as ghastly as this.
The humidity at the moment must be the cause but maybe I’m wrong. Any suggestions.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Re: Itchy forehead

Postby Bee » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:44 am

I got a sting of a wasp on my arm. It swelled up and the itch and burning was unreal. A cold pack from the fridge only worked while I had it applied. I took double the amount of antihistamines and eventually rubbed antihistamine cream and hydrocortisone cream on it after trying the vinegar, the listerene and the breadsoda. I don't know if it was the cortisone cream or just time that eventually eased it. It took 4 days before it eased off and I now have skin like sandpaper where I scratched it from the itch. So time I think is the only cure R. I feel your pain.

Bee
Last edited by Bee on Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Steve wilkins » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:45 am

Aloe vera gel, cut fresh straight from the plant.
Steve wilkins

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:36 pm

And I thought I was bad Bee! I’ve been back to my local pharmacy and bought a hydrocortisone cream and a bottle of Calamine. The Calamine is the winner , my mother used it and I used it when my children had chickenpox and now I’m using it myself. I’ve spent €45 on tablets and creams and pray that the itch will finally go away as it is hell. I wish I’d had an Aloevera plant as knew it would work. I laughed when the chemist suggested that I was allergic to the sun!! I hope she’s wrong.
We’ve just popped out for a meal and delighted to see so many diners here. I’m hoping this outing will lift my spirits. I’ve ordered a SEX ON THE BEACH to cheer me up!! Think it may work. Cheers.
Mac3blade

Postby Bee » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:46 pm

Yes R I keep meaning to buy the calamine myself but of course when you need it you never have it. Maybe a bad hangover might distract you from the itch :) You were just unfortunate so hopefully by tomorrow it will have calmed down.

Bee
Bee

Postby blingle » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:15 am

Mac3blade wrote:And I thought I was bad Bee! I’ve been back to my local pharmacy and bought a hydrocortisone cream and a bottle of Calamine. The Calamine is the winner , my mother used it and I used it when my children had chickenpox and now I’m using it myself. I’ve spent €45 on tablets and creams and pray that the itch will finally go away as it is hell. I wish I’d had an Aloevera plant as knew it would work. I laughed when the chemist suggested that I was allergic to the sun!! I hope she’s wrong.
We’ve just popped out for a meal and delighted to see so many diners here. I’m hoping this outing will lift my spirits. I’ve ordered a SEX ON THE BEACH to cheer me up!! Think it may work. Cheers.

If you knew the aloe vera plant would work, why didn't you buy an aloe vera plant instead?

And don't laugh...some people can get quite nasty reactions when they have a sun allergy, and the allergy can come out of the blue or can be hereditary.

https://www.nivea.co.uk/advice/skin/wha ... un-allergy
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Steve wilkins » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:56 am

Some garden centres sell the plants. I have even seen individual leafs for sale in the fruit and veg section at carrefour but no idea if they currently have any. Although fresh is best, it still may bring relief.
Last edited by Steve wilkins on Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve wilkins

Postby Gustav » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:38 pm

Plenty growing wild , cut yourself a leaf/stalk/branch?
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:47 pm

You are all VERY kind indeed.
I still have the itch on my forehead but no hangover thankfully.
I’m going to find an Aloe Vera plant and add it to my mini garden.
I’m on the beach but the top half is under the parasol. Took my anti histamine tablet so have 4 to go. I genuinely thought this would have healed up by now but definitely not gone as yet. I’m also wearing a sweat band on my hair line. What a carry on. ( not a pretty sight either!!). Ah well, it could be far worse. I was listening to a doctor talking about Eczema and that’s when I realised how fortunate I was. Thus will clear up soon but children suffering from Eczema live with the constant itching. Just thinking that Aloe Vera could work for them too.
Mac3blade

Postby Steve wilkins » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:11 pm

Another thing worth considering, is that if you've lost a couple of layers of skin due to sunburn, it may just be the healing process kicking in. Either way, aloe vera should help as it is anti inflammatory and anti bacterial. There is also a chemical in it which promotes the creation of new skin. Its the same reason why when you cut a leaf off, the exposed area films over rapidly, as though it is making a barrier for itself.
Steve wilkins

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion