Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

MINOR WORKS LICENCE - OBRA MENOR

MINOR WORKS LICENCE - OBRA MENOR

Postby panchotaff » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:53 am

Hola

Some help please

I am having the outside of my apartment painted - I have been to Rojales Town hall and obtained some paper work which I need to complete

Is it possible to complete these forms on line using the Rojales town hall portal - if not are there any firms in Quesada / Rojales who will complete these foms for me

Many thanks

Pancho Taff
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Re: MINOR WORKS LICENCE - OBRA MENOR

Postby Bee » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:12 pm

Is it an apartment in a Community? Surely as long as it is painted with the prescribed colour laid down by the Community why do you need a minor works form. Did the Town Hall say you needed one? I find it a bit OTT that a minor works licence would be needed for annual painting. Rojales is on-line so you would need an electronic identity cert to submit paperwork on line.

In Torrevieja The cost is 4% of the cost of the work and €96 for the licence. You have to submit the following:
Photocopy of ID or passport
Proof of payment of the corresponding fee and tax (the proof of payment to be sent to the Urban Planning offices email: [email protected] ).

Graphic(drawing or photo) and written description of the action and its physical location, as well as a project or report signed by a competent technician when required by the nature of the works, with a succinct report issued by the competent person that certifies compliance with the required regulations.
Service cost:
4% on the material execution budget (Tax on Construction, installations and works)
95.60 Euros (Urban planning license fee)

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby panchotaff » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:47 pm

Bee
Many thanks - I agree it is OTT but community rules and President insists that we have to obtain this licence

Thanks again
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Bee » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:53 pm

I would put down a motion at the next AGM challenging that rule. It is placing an unnecessary and needless burden cost-wise on owners. I have never seen an item on our Community accounts for such a licence and we have had the Community painted and other minor works undertaken.

Bee
Bee

Postby pedrosloggett » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:41 am

Perhaps Marcliff can confirm but I believe that you need a license for ANY work even painting the inside of a property.
pedrosloggett

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:08 am

I believe that's true
Don't think anybody does though. I did see a licence pinned on the wall of a house they were renovating nr me in Torrevieja, not seen that before. If the police see workers painting there's always the chance they could stop and ask to see the licence.

So many have building work done on the black market and so far I've mot heard of any neighbours / friends getting fined. Although one got told to take his conservatory down and told he wouldn't be allowed to put it back up whereas if he got correct permission would have been fine.

pedrosloggett wrote:Perhaps Marcliff can confirm but I believe that you need a license for ANY work even painting the inside of a property.
Chrisdee

Postby Bee » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:31 am

No you don't need a minor works licence to paint the inside of your house. Town Halls can add and subtract what is considered to fall under a Minor Works Licence. Some include annual painting of the outside of your home in minor works but mostly it is not included as it carries too high an administrative burden. My point with panchotaff is that he lives on a Community. Communities have regulations already agreed and legally binding as to what you can do with the common areas of your home. The outside of your house is a common area with an agreed paint colour and common facade. This would already have been agreed in the planning application and permission. So as long as you are within those requirements surely asking for a further licence is bureaucracy gone mad. Some Presidents,as we know from posts on here, run Communities like their personal fiefdoms and invent rules that were never passed at annual meetings. So a word with your Community Administrator would be advised.

Did you know that the installation of aircon requires a minor works licence. I wonder how many people bother with that.

Bee
Bee

Postby lindylou23 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:01 am

panchotaff wrote:Bee
Many thanks - I agree it is OTT but community rules and President insists that we have to obtain this licence

Thanks again

No licence required on community I live on, but it's in the rules of the community that outside of properties are painted every 5 years.

We have paint codes and are advised to go to a specific paint shop so the houses should be uniform in colour.

If you make things too complicated for people they won't bother as much with maintaining things, especially if they only have a short window of time here if they have a holiday home.

If it is a law then fair enough, but ridiculous and OTT as you say when people are taking pride and maintaining their property.

Too often you see run down and neglected outside of properties in the Quesada area and they are not all empty just uncared for.

"The President insists" hmmmmm
lindylou23

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Return to Quesada general discussion