Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Chinese restaurants

Chinese restaurants

Postby Steve wilkins » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:03 pm

I'm looking for recommendations for Chinese restaurants. Since being here i've not really been overly impressed with the Chinese food here. It seems to be totally different to the dishes which were available in the UK. For example, i used to order chilli chicken and garlic, and it was loaded with chilli and garlic. I realise its a different country and things are done differently, but can anyone give out any names of the restaurants that are top notch? Anywhere in the orihuela costa welcome. Thanks.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Chinese restaurants

Postby Paul M » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:30 pm

We’ve been looking for decent Chinese food here for the last seven years Steve! It’s odd how it can be so different as although it’s a different country, they are all still Chinese.

The ones we do use here are okay but we’ve never found anything like we used to get in UK.

YOKU in Quesada is getting decent reviews but we haven’t been yet. The Asia Kitchen at Cabo Roig is okay and the Home Sushi place in Benimar not too bad. Home sushi is order as much as you want from the menu as many times as you want for a fixed price, think it’s €17.95. Small portions but you can just keep ordering more.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Lockey57 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:44 pm

You will get numerous answers as everyone’s taste is different, also you get used to a regular restaurant and then try comparing against it, I have tried various Chinese around the area and most have something I like but if you want to try various dishes then I would recommend China Town Laguna off the Lemon Tree Road great choice and cooked fresh and it’s all you can eat for a set price.
Lockey57

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby 300TDi » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:52 pm

There are no really good CHinese restaurants or takeaways. Now we just go on youtube and make our own. There are loads of channels from every major city in the UK where you can get each unique variant of whatever dishes you like.

Now we have sweet and sour chicken balls which are magnificent, unlike the absolute junk sold in Spain.

You can buy all the supplies you need from many chinese/Indian grocery stores and its a fraction of the price.
300TDi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rafal

Postby ray-pc » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:00 pm

a good meal and service at the chinese on la siesta
ray-pc

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Bartolome

Postby lindylou23 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:34 pm

Steve wilkins wrote:I'm looking for recommendations for Chinese restaurants. Since being here i've not really been overly impressed with the Chinese food here. It seems to be totally different to the dishes which were available in the UK. For example, i used to order chilli chicken and garlic, and it was loaded with chilli and garlic. I realise its a different country and things are done differently, but can anyone give out any names of the restaurants that are top notch? Anywhere in the orihuela costa welcome. Thanks.

Might be worth listing where you've tried so people can give you different and hopefully better options to what you've already experienced.
lindylou23

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby gebrow » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:32 pm

Home sushi is our favourite to , can try lot's different things for one buffet price, just write your numbers and outv they come , lovely
gebrow

Which part of Spain are you from?: algorfa

Postby peepops » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:51 pm

YOKU is my choice. Love their food. Cheap lunch menus. Night a bit dearer but you get a bigger portion. Very friendly staff.
peepops

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby marking » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:17 am

Chef Zhan down the side road opposite Don Carlos. Menu del dia to suit all budgets
marking

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Steve wilkins » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:00 pm

I would struggle to list all chinese's i have eaten at over the years. Out of the ones listed up to now, i have only tried the la siesta one, and although ok, i find they cook their food with salt being the main ingredient.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next