Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Black toilets and sinks

Black toilets and sinks

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:24 pm

Was in Leroys buying the drain disinfectant and noticed they are selling black toilets and sinks, can't think of anything worse, well, apart from some of those colours from the 70s, like Avocado etc
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Black toilets and sinks

Postby Bee » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:43 pm

Probably less cleaning. Might lead to unintended consequences if you forgot to put the light on in the middle of the night
:(

Bee
Bee

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:04 pm

I was thinking limescale marks, don't think it would stay nice for long. Not that it think it's nice to start with
Chrisdee

Postby Dot » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:10 pm

Its lovely.if it's mixed with white ie cupboards etc..I had white toilet and sink nut black cupboards etc.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:46 pm

White sink and toilet with black accessories I agree

Dot wrote:Its lovely.if it's mixed with white ie cupboards etc..I had white toilet and sink nut black cupboards etc.
Chrisdee

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:18 am

I saw this display and it reminded me of my SEPIA toilet and wash hand basin with gold plated taps chosen by me many years ago for our cloakroom. It really looked smart but demanded constant cleaning which was a good thing for hygiene purposes but a pain in the neck!! Those were the days but they seem to be coming back again. We changed all our bathrooms before covid and replaced with smart wash hand basin drawered units. All wonderful but the basins are shallow and wouldn’t have a look in with the original basins. The fancy single tap isn’t nearly as efficient as the old taps. There was a wash hand basin unit in my daughter’s old bedroom so had it replaced with a very smart “bowl” on top of the unit. It’s actually fine and looks classy but I’m not sure I’d want to be washing my hair in it!!
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Gustav » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:30 am

Bucket outside on terrace,
Head in bucket quick rinse off, no needed for fancy designs, you glad of any wash if you ever lived rough,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby telmel » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:57 pm

I dont know about black toilets and sinks but i sorely regret installing a black granite shower base in my bathroom
They look great when clean but keeping them clean is a nightmare , you clean it and when dry it looks a mess
If i had known i would have gone for a white one :roll:
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Bee » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:06 pm

Same here telmel with a granite countertop. We have a lot of lime in our water so the built in draining board has lots of lovely lime deposits and white streaks and unfortunately you see every crumb and piece of dust on top of the countertop :( I have one of those washand bowls that sit on top of the unit. Again never again thank you.

Bee
Bee

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:18 pm

What are we all like? Is it any wonder that young people tiday want a BELFAST SINK. THERE’S nothing to beat it. Deep, pure white and easy to keep clean. No more fads for me. The granite worktop refuses to keep a shine so the new thing to buy is a polished concrete worktop.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca