Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Somebody who can change my Direct Debits

Somebody who can change my Direct Debits

Postby faolteam » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:00 pm

Hi Folks can someone recommend somebody who can change my Direct debits and stop the bank I’m with ripping me off, not sure if it has to be a Solicitor just want it changed I am with Abaco Advisors , haven’t heard back from them yet thanks in advance

I’m in the Torrevieja area
faolteam

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Somebody who can change my Direct Debits

Postby Bee » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:32 am

When you say change your Dr Debits do you mean you have changed banks? You can change a Dr Debit yourself by contacting whoever is lodging the direct debit and giving them an alternative bank a/c or if it's someone like SUMA you can ring them and pay the bill over the phone. Same for your Community Charges. You get the Bank A/c details from the Community Administrator and transfer the money from your own Bank a/c whenever your charges are due. You don't need a Spanish Bank A/c.

Bee
Bee

Postby faolteam » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:37 am

Yeah it's just to change my bank now to revoult account abaco pay all my taxes etc so I suppose they just need the recount IBAN and BIC

Also how easy is it to close a bank account particularly Bankinter can I get my Abaco Advisers to do this thanks
faolteam

Postby Bee » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:22 am

Yes give them the IBAN and BIC of your Revolut account. They can also close your Spanish Bank Account once you give them permission. Just make sure all your Dr Debits have been changed over first i.e electricity/water/suma/community/ insurance or whatever you pay by Dr Debit. You don't want to arrive and find you have no electricity or water.

Bee
Bee

Postby faolteam » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:36 pm

First stop was local community fees administration, she wanted bank code, iban ok, bic ok then she wanted bank sort code , gave me the usual not possible crap
faolteam

Postby Bee » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:03 pm

Did she take your Revolut Bank details.She is talking crap. Especially as the sort code is already in the IBAN. They are years behind if they haven't updated their system. She cannot refuse you under EU law to use your Revolut bank to collect your Community D/D from your Revolut A/c. Get the bank details of the Community from her and lodge the fees yourself from your Revolut or your home Bank A/c. All my D/Ds are paid from my Bank of Ireland account. We closed our Spanish Bank A/c due to charges. Bank of Ireland is free to over 65's.

Bee
Last edited by Bee on Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bee

Postby Paul Uden » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:26 pm

Agree with Bee. That is nonsense. They only need the IBAN. If they are so antiquated that they can't do it then ask for their IBAN and set up a regular payment (standing order) from your Revolut account yourself. Euro to euro transfers should be fee-free.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Bee » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:49 pm

I presume faolteam you got your Irish BIC from Revolut REVOIE23 and IBAN starting with IE40 REVO.

Bee
Bee

Postby faolteam » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:50 pm

Yes Bee, I did I got it Irish bic but my IBAN starts IE 19 REVO

She was on about sorting code and code number , she was filling out an online portal
faolteam

Postby faolteam » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:54 pm

Between the Lakes doing a you tube on changing banks, Direct debits etc 17th September at 9pm
faolteam