Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Tolls charges

Re: Tolls charges

Postby Nolito » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:28 pm

merida wrote:It appears that I am in the minority !
I think that the tolls on the autovias, in general are well worth it !. For example, the AP autovia from Quesada area to Benidorm ( off season) is a dream to use. Low price toll, very little traffic, and a very relaxing scenic drive.
Each to their own !
Happy driving and remember please, better to be 10 minutes late in this world than 25 years to soon in the next !
Cheers ! Adrian

You've inadvertently hit the nail on the head ! Yes, if you are traveling a long distance on the AP7 then a toll is acceptable because you are getting value for money BUT traveling to La Zenia from Quesada, a mere distance of just 14 miles it's definitely not value for money hitting 2 tolls just 10 miles in between and at a summertime cost of almost 5 Euros makes locals avoid the AP7 altogether ! Almost 10€ total round trip is absolutely ludicrous !
Nolito

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby marcliff » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:51 pm

[quote="Nolito"]

You've inadvertently hit the nail on the head ! Yes, if you are traveling a long distance on the AP7 then a toll is acceptable because you are getting value for money BUT traveling to La Zenia from Quesada, a mere distance of just 14 miles it's definitely not value for money hitting 2 tolls just 10 miles in between and at a summertime cost of almost 5 Euros makes locals avoid the AP7 altogether ! Almost 10€ total round trip is absolutely ludicrous ![/quote

Even worse, it's €18.40 round trip in Summer, Easter and Christmas. Plus the tolls north to Benidorm and further on have been scrapped.

Almost €10 in the off peak times and only saves about 5 minutes.
Having 2 tolls so close together is a pain. We drove all the way from Quesada to Calpe and not one toll. If we want to go to Zenia Boulevard there are 2 of them next to each other.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby sarnia cherie » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:14 pm

Re my previous post if you join and leave the motorway by going through Los Montesinos you miss the toll between there and Quesada. It’s quicker and less stressful than the N332 or going through San Miguel and Villamartin and probably uses less fuel.
sarnia cherie

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo pepin

Postby marcliff » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:33 pm

I always go Los Montesinos and turn off at the lights towards El Rancho hotel. Keep going to the end and turn left when you hit the San Miguel road. Keep going and you are on the road leading to the hospital. Then the second roundabout after you've been under the AP7 to Los Altos. All the way through to Via Park 3 and then left towards Torrevieja. 2nd right and you're on the road that takes you all the way to Zenia Boulevard. Takes about 5 minutes longer than via the motorway.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Rene1968 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:56 am

Thanks for all your comments
Rene1968

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby jpeg » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:08 am

marcliff wrote:I always go Los Montesinos and turn off at the lights towards El Rancho hotel. Keep going to the end and turn left when you hit the San Miguel road. Keep going and you are on the road leading to the hospital. Then the second roundabout after you've been under the AP7 to Los Altos. All the way through to Via Park 3 and then left towards Torrevieja. 2nd right and you're on the road that takes you all the way to Zenia Boulevard. Takes about 5 minutes longer than via the motorway.

Quicker to use the first roundabout on the new road past the Chinese
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Previous