Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

MRI Scan

MRI Scan

Postby rainbow54 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:38 am

Has anyone had an MRI scan on their knee? I have to have one but I am very, very claustrophobic. Any info would be appreciated. I have googled it but still concerned if I have to go into a tunnel as I couldn’t cope with that.
rainbow54

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: MRI Scan

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:58 am

It's noisy but it wont kill you, just think to yourself it'll all be over soon, sing songs in your head.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:01 pm

Are you having it at Torrevieja University Hospital? For patients that freak out in the MRI (like my wife) they have a thing the doctor called a "doughnut". You stand in a round tube up to neck height.
Doctor said it's not as effective as the MRI but they use for those who experience panic attacks when going through the tunnel.

But simply close your eyes and thing of all the nice things you can if it is the MRI.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby rainbow54 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:18 pm

Chrisdee wrote:It's noisy but it wont kill you, just think to yourself it'll all be over soon, sing songs in your head.

Thank you Chris. I will think of you and sing God Save the Queen. x
rainbow54

Postby rainbow54 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:21 pm

marcliff wrote:Are you having it at Torrevieja University Hospital? For patients that freak out in the MRI (like my wife) they have a thing the doctor called a "doughnut". You stand in a round tube up to neck height.
Doctor said it's not as effective as the MRI but they use for those who experience panic attacks when going through the tunnel.

But simply close your eyes and thing of all the nice things you can if it is the MRI.

Thank you marcliff.

We are in Murcia region so having it done there. When I googled it, it sounds like you go in feet first to get your knee done, maybe it will be ok. Fingers and everything else crossed.
rainbow54

Postby Kayla » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:00 pm

Hi I am exactly the same ! I am petrified of the thought of going into that tunnel , but I can assure you you won’t . I had an MRI on my knee in January and I only went in up to my hip area. I even said to the guy doing it that I am claustrophobic and assured me I wouldn’t go all the way in .
All the best xx
Kayla

Postby rainbow54 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:13 pm

Kayla wrote:Hi I am exactly the same ! I am petrified of the thought of going into that tunnel , but I can assure you you won’t . I had an MRI on my knee in January and I only went in up to my hip area. I even said to the guy doing it that I am claustrophobic and assured me I wouldn’t go all the way in .
All the best xx

Thank you Kayla that is reassuring. Did you go in feet first ? xx
rainbow54

Postby Gustav » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:28 pm

rainbow54 wrote:
Chrisdee wrote:It's noisy but it wont kill you, just think to yourself it'll all be over soon, sing songs in your head.

Don't think that the Queens dead!
Sing "please release me"

Gustav

Postby rainbow54 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:39 pm

Gustav wrote:
rainbow54 wrote:

Don't think that the Queens dead!
Sing "please release me"

I know the Queen is dead, I said that because Chris has the picture of the late Queen on her profile. Maybe please release me would be a good choice.
rainbow54

Postby Bee » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:08 pm

You go in feet first for knee and only your lower body is in the tube but in any case you are not in an enclosed space both ends are open.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next