Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Bravo hills

Bravo hills

Postby Debbie33molly » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:34 pm

Good morning, i am coming to Quesada in December to look at buying a property on Bravo Hills would love anyones advice on buying a holiday home on here good or bad, obviously it looks beautiful but the lovely people who live there and surrounding area will know best, I believe not many buses in area, Thankyou in advance
Debbie33molly

Which part of Spain are you from?: United Kingdom

Re: Bravo hills

Postby AnnetteD » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:08 pm

Is this the area near Harry’s bar, Jolly’s and the Cáñeles supermarket? If so it’s very tired and I personally wouldn’t want to live there. That’s just my opinion, others may say differently. There is no public transport so you would need a car. There are taxis in Quesada but they are very difficult to get hold of, especially in summer as there are so few.
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Barry martyn » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:48 pm

If you want entertainment at THE CLUB or LAKEVIEW this is an ideal spot. Walking distance plus shopping at Canales or the Big shopping. Buses are very few in Quesada
Barry martyn

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Slater39 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:08 pm

Bravo hills is a beautiful gated community. There are a few places to go for food and drink which are very nice. There's also shops close by. Throughout quesada There's very few busses not just up near bravo hills. So a car would be useful but not essential. There's taxes available. The views up at bravo Hill are stunning.
Slater39

Postby russ2u » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:28 am

We owned a property on Bravo Hills for 14 years and loved it there. We visited two or three times a year at the time and always felt our property was safe between visits. The pool is one of the best in the area and the gardens are stunning and always well maintained. The walk into the centre of Quesada is about 20 to 25 mins and is a pleasant stroll in the cooler weather, but its all uphill on the way back so be warned :-) The advantage of being on the top of the hill though is the views are stunning and you often get a lovely cooling breeze. There are a few bars and restaurants near by, but in all honesty we always found them a little run down (we moved six years ago so things may have changed). Harrys bar is nice though for a few drinks and is a very short walk, you also have the Canales supermarcado very close and the people who run it are lovely. All in all if you don´t mind being a little further out its a great location. Far enough away from town to avoid all the late night loud music, but close enough to walk. I would say a car is essential, but that is true of all of Quesada as buses do not exist and Taxi's are like a a rare exotic species, both rare and mysterious.
russ2u

Postby steertim » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:58 pm

I would totally agree with all the above comments especially those of russ2u. Bravo Hills is lovely, gated community, massive pool, great views, lovely Oranges on some of the communal trees!
Taxis can be difficult to book small journeys to get down to main part of town so you may wish to walk down - (18mins quick walk or 30mins leisurely pace), but you can usually queue at the Taxi Rank to get a taxi back home at night.
steertim

Postby PMR » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:23 pm

We bought in Los Bravos last year and love it here. The location is ideal, views are beautiful and it feels very safe. Choices indian restaurant is very nice.
PMR

Postby Red Rock » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:11 pm

I lived there for a while when I first came over to Spain.As stated the views from my solarium were absolutely stunning away to the sea from Guardamar up and at the back over the lakes. At night I used to take a beer up and sit and watch the lights come on in La marina and watch the planes landing at the airport. I found BH a lovely well kept area but of course the community fees reflected this (from memory around e900 pa). Canales is handy for the basics if you havent got a car and cant lug 5l water up the hill.
The bars are ok and walking distance and I would consider moving back myself just for the view but I have one tip which I shared with my ex German neighbour.
The house faced East so sun was limited and although the back faced West there was only a tiny kitchen window and a wooden back door so in the Winter is was very cold (I mention my neighbour as at least I had an area to sit out back in the sun but he was the front of the block and there were houses joined on the back so he only had an East facing garden).
ALso good luck if you arent coming until December presuming there will be property for sale then?
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Return to Quesada general discussion