Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Bigger roundabouts?

Re: Bigger roundabouts?

Postby Gustav » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:22 am

Wouldn't say they were bigger they been reduced to 1 Lane the ones I've seen that were 2 lanes, and the central lane concreted with a very slightly raised kerb, probarly for an escape or overtaking procedure during an emergency to avoid a collision, that's my thinking.
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paulr » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:45 am

MacinSpain wrote:Darrow I'm not sure if your British or not but the inside lane to the British means the lane nearest the kerb and the outside lane is the one nearest the roundabout, therefore like Marcliff said he was going strait ahead on the inside lane when the Belgium car cut across from the outside lane.
Another example is when your driving on a three lane motorway the inside lane is nearest the kerb then you have the middle lane(that a lot of people hog) then you have the outside lane which is classed as the fast lane and runs along the side of the central reservation. Same goes for two lane roads inside lane near the kerb outside lane next to it, so logically it's the same when entering a roundabout.
I believe Spanish Road Traffic law is that the inside lane on a roundabout is the legal lane for taking any exit and if you have a car that's cuts you off by coming in from the outside lane then they will be culpable in any RTColision. Hope this helps.

Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Big Wheeler » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:09 pm

As said above.Unless taking first exit off a roundabout,stay in nearside lane using left indicator until you approach your exit then switch to right.All exits must use nearside lane.If you exit from any other lane you are de facto at fault.
It is easier to identify lanes 1,2,3,etc where nearside is lane 1.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Darro » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:51 pm

"the inside lane to the British means the lane nearest the kerb and the outside lane is the one nearest the roundabout"

And just maybe there is the problem, this is Spain!

Yes I'm British.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Steve wilkins » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:56 pm

The way i understand it is that you can use the left lane if congested but must always exit the roundabout in the RHL, unless that in itself is impossible due to a vehicle being there already.

When i first moved here, it was said that the done thing was to be in the RHL, and follow the lane all the way around, even when turning left at the roundabout. Now, it seems that you must be in the left lane when turning left, but exit in the RHL. Obviously this conflicts with what many older generations may have been taught in driving school.

I get the confusion. Maybe the money would be better spent in a educational program like tv adverts explaining how to navigate the roundabouts?
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:57 pm

Check out the N332 site, there are videos and diagrams explaining

Steve wilkins wrote:The way i understand it is that you can use the left lane if congested but must always exit the roundabout in the RHL, unless that in itself is impossible due to a vehicle being there already.

When i first moved here, it was said that the done thing was to be in the RHL, and follow the lane all the way around, even when turning left at the roundabout. Now, it seems that you must be in the left lane when turning left, but exit in the RHL. Obviously this conflicts with what many older generations may have been taught in driving school.

I get the confusion. Maybe the money would be better spent in a educational program like tv adverts explaining how to navigate the roundabouts?
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paul M » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:43 pm

This post is just going round in circles now
:text-lol: :text-lol:
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby paulparkes » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:56 am

Good morning all , Roundabouts are being changed to stop stupid drivers overtaking , and to keep speed limits down.
paulparkes

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Campaneta

Postby Big Wheeler » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:51 am

paulparkes wrote:Good morning all , Roundabouts are being changed to stop stupid drivers overtaking , and to keep speed limits down.

In a nutshell.Correct.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby gebrow » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:44 pm

Totally, or we could do worse like US, allowing to turn on a red light , omg imagine the moans and incidents, also 4 way stops.
gebrow

Which part of Spain are you from?: algorfa

Previous