Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Property rental

Property rental

Postby Graeme Mcdonald » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:41 pm

Hi there ,
We were on holiday in Quesada the first week of September looking in to moving over there in the next 12 months .
Was shown around Quesada and some very nice properties by an estate agent .
We are looking to buy a 2 bedroom villa for ourselves and possibly buy 2 x 2 bedroom apartments to rent out hopefully all year round in Quesada or the surrounding areas .
Was given an idea of possible rental values for such apartments but not sure if the amounts are achievable.
Would anyone tell us the real achievable amounts of weekly/monthly rental and possible average communal pool costs .
Was told that Letting Agents fees are around 15% and that income tax from the rentals are 24%.
Is this correct also .
Sort for such a long winded message but just to know as much as possible before we take the plunge .
Thanks you for reading and any replies.
Graeme and Teresa.
Graeme Mcdonald

Re: Property rental

Postby jpeg » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:04 pm

To get that info you would need to state the area that you are going to buy in all areas vary some by a big amount
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:33 pm

Sort yourselves out first then decide what to do with regards a rental. Once you're here you'll find out lots of things. You can then look out for a private bargain
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paul58 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:53 pm

Graeme Mcdonald wrote:Hi there ,
We were on holiday in Quesada the first week of September looking in to moving over there in the next 12 months .
Was shown around Quesada and some very nice properties by an estate agent .
We are looking to buy a 2 bedroom villa for ourselves and possibly buy 2 x 2 bedroom apartments to rent out hopefully all year round in Quesada or the surrounding areas .
Was given an idea of possible rental values for such apartments but not sure if the amounts are achievable.
Would anyone tell us the real achievable amounts of weekly/monthly rental and possible average communal pool costs .
Was told that Letting Agents fees are around 15% and that income tax from the rentals are 24%.
Is this correct also .
Sort for such a long winded message but just to know as much as possible before we take the plunge .
Thanks you for reading and any replies.
Graeme and Teresa.

A good test would be to see what you could rent from an agent in that area (availability & cost). Estate agents tell lies and are not your friends. In fact they are not working for you, nor the vendor, but themselves. Trust an estate agent as far as you would trust a politician.

Don't count on any capital gain in Spain. I would split my assets between UK & Spain. Spain to live and UK if it all goes pear shaped.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Ov3rdal3 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:42 am

Suggest that you investigate the rental market here thoroughly

Evictions and Tax are very different
Ov3rdal3

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby Ericc » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:14 am

Settle yourself first and get to know the Spanish market and system before trying to become a real estate mongul.

Paul58 wrote:Estate agents tell lies and are not your friends. In fact they are not working for you, nor the vendor, but themselves. Trust an estate agent as far as you would trust a politician.

Wise words

Paul58 wrote:Don't count on any capital gain in Spain.

More wise words
Ericc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby pjdkca » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:22 pm

Speak to Scott at Camelot Homes.
He is a property agent I use to rent my villa.
He can give you an idea dependent on location, size of property and amenities that you MAY get. Lots of ifs and buts in that though...
+34 965 725 769
Good luck.
Nb....with the tax etc...you don't make a fortune!
pjdkca

Which part of Spain are you from?: UK,Quesada soon