Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

alarm system

Re: alarm system

Postby telmel » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:45 pm

Paul M wrote:Yes Steve it is cheaper to DIY on most things, service your own car, build your own walls, clean your own pool etc;
However, there are many of us who are either incapable of doing so or just can’t be bothered or in most cases, actually want a professional to carry out these, and other tasks.

You must have heard the old phrase ‘horses for courses’?

Paul and Matthew don’t paint houses or clean pools, they just install and service alarm systems, all day, every day!

I am not that great at DIY P, but i bought my own alarm system , again from amazon and it was so easy to fit
The main box plugged in the spare bedroom , just set and armed it and leave it after that
The 3 pirs are just held up with one screw each in the bedroom, living room and conservatory , and the magnetic sensors just stick to a window frame, pvc or wood so the alarm goes off if anyone opens a window
There are 2 remote controls to turn on and off entering or leaving the house
It cost 99.99 with no contract needed
We also have 4 cheap cameras around the inside of the house, like baby monitors, mainly to keep an eye on the dog when out , these just sit on a table except for one that looks out of the conservatory window to the front of the house
I also have a ring doorbell that is invaluable , it has saved me so much on missed deliveries , even when we are not there we can speak to the delivery driver , and i can see who is at the door
There was an alarm system already in the house when i bought it but never bothered to renew the contract
I only fitted this alarm when a neighbour was robbed
Also worth investing in some dummy solar outside cameras that flash with a red lcd , and light up when someone passes , so cheap either from amazon or temu
I dont see the point going to the expense of having a contract with a company, but each to their own
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Paul M » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:02 pm

Tel, you’re talking to someone who doesn’t even own a drill let alone know how to use one, I’m just hopeless at DIY :text-lol: !

So yes I appreciate many people can and will tackle tasks of varying degrees of difficulty depending on their abilities and tool collection.

I didn’t mean to suggest to Steve that it wasn’t possible but simply pointed out that some of us can’t or won’t do these jobs for the reasons previously stated.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Paul Figg » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:25 pm

Thank you all those who recommended us, Be Sure Alarms. It is much appreciated. Regards Paul and Matthew
Paul Figg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby pedrosloggett » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:23 pm

It's all very well fitting your own alarm but there are some advantages having a contract with a company. Maintenance including battery replacement is generally included as is call out if there are problems. More importantly they will call the police if there is any indication that things are not right.
This happened to us when on a trip to Marbella. The intruders dumped the alarm in the toilet disabling it but the company detected there was a problem and phoned us and the police who cam immediately did the necessary checks and stood guard until we contacted a friend to go and secure the house until we returned.
Yest it is more expensive but when you really need it there is no substitute.
pedrosloggett

Postby Gustav » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:47 pm

Ok, so you DIY fix your own alarm all well and good,
If you have property insurance and they ask have you an alarm, you say yes brings down your premiums a bit,
You get burgled,insurance asks for alarm company fitting & service record etc
DIY fitted can't supply,
We're does that leave your claim ?
Gustav

Postby Sue.lince » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:18 pm

BSafe Alarms highly recommended call Paul 6580896374
Sue.lince

Previous