Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

re nie certificate

re nie certificate

Postby mickjh » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:14 pm

hi, i have lost my nie certificate, can anyone let me know where i can get this done, i am not a resident, can i get this don in london? thanks for any help. mick.
mickjh

Which part of Spain are you from?: torrevieja

Re: re nie certificate

Postby marcliff » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:34 pm

The first thing that needs to be done is report it to the police as either lost or stolen and you will receive a certificate that it has been reported.

You need to download the form EX-17 and, at 4 (Datos relativos a la solicitud) you mark the box duplicado por robo, extravio, destruccion o inutilizacion. (extravio meaning loss).

You then need to complete a form 790 code 012 which you pay at a bank and make an appointment with an immigration office or national police station.

Whether you can do all this in UK is maybe something someone else can answer.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Darro » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:32 pm

Has anyone ever actually been asked to produce an NIE certificate, I know I haven't.

In exactly what circumstances would it need producing?
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby PMR » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:53 pm

I wondrred anyone could answer a query please, our solicitors only gave us an electronic copy, should be have received an official hard copy certificate.
PMR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:59 pm

I've never been asked for the certificate but have been asked for my NIE no. To get your number suppose you need to apply for the
NIE certificate.

Darro wrote:Has anyone ever actually been asked to produce an NIE certificate, I know I haven't.

Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:19 pm

Darro wrote:Has anyone ever actually been asked to produce an NIE certificate, I know I haven't.

I was asked for it when we went to get our original green register cards. I said we weren't told they had to be produced so the guy shrugged and just asked me for the numbers which he accepted.

Apart from that it's been in my file drawer for the last 12 years without seeing the light of day.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Bee » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:34 pm

You could ring the Spanish Embassy in London I suppose and ask them if they can issue you with a copy. I presume you have your NIE number.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Darro » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:13 am

Sounds to me like the equivalent of being asked to produce the letter you got when you first got your NI number in UK which, for the majority here, will probably have been over half a century ago - i.e. completely pointless!

Even more pointless for the NIE which, unlike an NI number, is plainly written on pretty much every official documents here in Spain.
Darro

Postby Paul58 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:04 am

mickjh wrote:hi, i have lost my nie certificate, can anyone let me know where i can get this done, i am not a resident, can i get this don in london? thanks for any help. mick.

Why do you need your certificate? IIRC mine was only valid for a few months and had an expiry date on the bottom of the A4 sheet.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Darro » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:05 am

PMR wrote:I wondrred anyone could answer a query please, our solicitors only gave us an electronic copy, should be have received an official hard copy certificate.
An 'electronic copy' of anything is just something which hasn't been printed so in essence there is no difference.

marcliff wrote:

I was asked for it when we went to get our original green register cards. I said we weren't told they had to be produced so the guy shrugged and just asked me for the numbers which he accepted.

Apart from that it's been in my file drawer for the last 12 years without seeing the light of day.

Just dug ours out to check and neither are in fact dated at all!

Can't recall if we had to produce them for our original residencias in Orihuela in 2018 as we had our gestor with us and basically she did everything, all we had to do was sign a couple of bits of paper as directed.

Since then however they have remained untouched in the filing cabinet.

They certainly were not required for our TIE applications and if not key for something that officious then when or where else?
Darro

Next