Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Setting up Wise a/c

Re: Setting up Wise a/c

Postby jpeg » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:38 pm

If unsure of how to do it ring the helpline at Wise just click on the link and it is on there they are really good at helping you do it
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:59 pm

Thanks Fred

jpeg wrote:If unsure of how to do it ring the helpline at Wise just click on the link and it is on there they are really good at helping you do it
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby costalad » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:26 pm

Chrisdee wrote:I need to transfer money from UK to my bank account in Spain. I haven't got a Wise account but was hoping to set one up. Is it easy? Do you then transfer it from your UK bank into Wise and then transfer it into your Spanish account. How much can you transfer at a time, I'm hoping to bring a large amount, is it best to do it bit by bit? I know there are many posts on Wise but it would take forever to go through them all. I'd just like a guide of how to go about it. Thank you for any help. Chris
Wise are very good and easy to set up online and are good rates for up to around 5000, more than that you will get a better deal from one of the international money exchanges like Moneycorp or Currencies direct that can also be set up online
costalad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Albatera

Postby Lockey57 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:27 pm

Here Chris use this link to set up then we can all earn from it LOL https://wise.com/invite/ihpc/shaunl292
Lockey57

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:02 pm

Thank you so much for all your help xx
Chrisdee

Postby Darro » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:34 pm

A word of caution:

Deposits arriving in your Spanish bank A/C will be regarded as income by the taxman so will need to be declared on your tax return and be taxed accordingly.

Depending on the sum(s) involved that could become very costly!
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby daz » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:15 am

If you have full access to your dads account, and you operate is as that, then who’s to know who’s actually sending the money. So, just go ahead and send the U.K. Sterling money to wise. Then once it’s at wise, let wise do the conversion (because their rate is much more in your favour than you bank will ever offer you), set up the payee in the wise account to send the euros to Spain (doesn’t have to be the same name / recipient ), and then send the money on to that account.

It’s that straight forward, and is the most cost efficient way to do it. Follow all the instructions on the wise account. Good luck
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Paul Uden » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:16 am

Daz is right. When you open the Wise account you will have a sterling account as well as euro and dollar. Anyone (i.e. your dad) can send sterling to your Wise sterling account. Just make a normal transfer to your Wise sort code and account number. Then you can transfer it across to the Wise euro account yourself within the app. That should work. Then from there you can send it to the Spanish bank account (if you really need it to be in there). Euro to euro transfers are free. You will only pay a fee for the conversion stage in the app.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:11 pm

Imy trying to sort things out incase I snuff it before him, we didn't bother with a UK will as it's only me that will inherit but if I die first the next of kin a distant relative who we've not seen for a hundred years would get it? I was just trying to get his money over here were it's covered with the will. Perhaps an English will is the way to go? Then leave the money there and just transfer a few thousand when you need it. I'm getting my knickers in a twist trying to work out what's best. Thank you to everybody for trying to help.
Chrisdee

Postby jpeg » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:32 pm

Go see Paul at Thy will be done in the Chorus office in Benijofer its on the left as you drive down from Quesada before Citroen showrooms
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

PreviousNext