Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Truck Driving work

Truck Driving work

Postby 02jfearno » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:15 pm

Hi me and my Partner are moving to the quesada area in January and I am looking for some artic work or similar and wondered how hard it would be to find ?

Regards Oliver
02jfearno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Truck Driving work

Postby marcliff » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:19 pm

Sorry but where are you moving from?
There were, a couple of years ago, a great shortage of drivers in all of Spain. Not sure there are many haulage companies in this area and, if there are, they would mainly be seasonal with the fruit and veg seasons.

Mercadona are always advertising for various positions but I believe they only allow online applications so maybe look them up and see what is going.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Darro » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:29 am

A UK HGV1 licence is not directly exchangeable for a Spanish equivalent and as the Driver's Qualification Card is linked to your UK licence it will not be acceptable to Spanish employers.

Here you will need a CAP (Certificado Aptitud Profesional) and courses for those are run by Spanish driving school.

I don't know but I would be strongly suspect that a good level of competency in the language would be necessary not only for the test but also by a potential employer.

Whilst I agree that in the immediate are of Quesada HGV companies may be thin on the ground, the entire area a little further North where there is easy access to both the AP7 and A7 autoroutes is absolutely awash with them.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Mort » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:41 am

Hi I recommend to try quite a few removals companies as Spanish \ English employees also great with learning the language good luck
Mort

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pinar campverde

Postby Bee » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:04 am

Contact camionpilot or Kevin07 on this Forum. Both in the truck business and they will give you the lowdown. The first link has a reply from Kevin07 so if you click on his name you can send him a private message
quesada-general-discussion-f9/transportation-of-household-goods-back-to-south-wales-t73066.html

This link has a reply from Camionpilot again click on his name to send a PM

post349055.html?hilit=Camion%20pilot#p349055

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby camionpilot » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:41 pm

Darro wrote:A UK HGV1 licence is not directly exchangeable for a Spanish equivalent and as the Driver's Qualification Card is linked to your UK licence it will not be acceptable to Spanish employers.

Here you will need a CAP (Certificado Aptitud Profesional) and courses for those are run by Spanish driving school.

I don't know but I would be strongly suspect that a good level of competency in the language would be necessary not only for the test but also by a potential employer.

Whilst I agree that in the immediate are of Quesada HGV companies may be thin on the ground, the entire area a little further North where there is easy access to both the AP7 and A7 autoroutes is absolutely awash with them.

Not correct . license transfers straight over [ worked ok last week for a friend ] and his license had lapsed ...!! Digital taco card straight forward exchange as well .

Several large haulage companies nearby but mostly fridge or chilled work 22 fridges and units stood on Herredades ind estate not moved for over mth ..Castilo Trans always has at least 40 trucks standing near Vega Baja hospital, not sure if its lack of drivers or lack of produce to distribute .. how these companies can allow vehicles and fridge trailers stand is beyond me..!!!

The lease and finance payments must be crippling and they do not earn a bean whilst standing "if the wheels are not turning , your not earning !
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Hot pursuit » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:34 pm

Yes I have seen this add and to be honest the likes of Castillo transportation are very good
They replied to me I wrote to them but there work is mainly European and lots of travel.

Also try this company.
https://www.trota.com/
Or
https://www.primafrio.com/

Also take a drive up to San Isidro industrial park there is several logistics companies. And mercadona run out of there

Distrifurmur logistics.

Hope this helps
Hot pursuit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Hot pursuit » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:01 pm

Darro wrote:A UK HGV1 licence is not directly exchangeable for a Spanish equivalent and as the Driver's Qualification Card is linked to your UK licence it will not be acceptable to Spanish employers.

Your wrong on many points

Hot pursuit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales