Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Electricity charges

Electricity charges

Postby decosimolyn » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:04 pm

We're considering a winter holiday rental where the price is "plus electricity as measured by the meter".
What is the current unit price for a kWh, including the equivalent of VAT. Not the day/night or a special plan rate but the maximum charge likely. The property owner will pay the bill (inc standing charges) and we'll be responsible for the usage. I'm not asking anyone to estimate our usage!
L & S
decosimolyn

Which part of Spain are you from?: UK

Re: Electricity charges

Postby SWT » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:01 pm

Why not contact the supplier for a correct cost.
SWT

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby ajf1950 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:25 pm

Hi, My electricity supplier is Iberdrola and the rate I pay is 0,145761 €/kWh so a lot less than I pay in the UK - think it is 27p per kWh.
If Electricity is your only form of heating better budget on the high side as it gets chilly at night. Hope this helps.
ajf1950

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta 2 Quesada

Postby SC17 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:21 pm

It can vary greatly, as in the UK, depending on the supplier. We pay a flat rate of 15 cents per khw.
SC17

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby SC17 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:34 pm

You might also be charged for water useage and internet. Worth checking.
SC17

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby marcliff » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:36 pm

In the Winter it will probably cost about 60 euro a month.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Paul58 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:17 am

decosimolyn wrote:We're considering a winter holiday rental where the price is "plus electricity as measured by the meter".
What is the current unit price for a kWh, including the equivalent of VAT. Not the day/night or a special plan rate but the maximum charge likely. The property owner will pay the bill (inc standing charges) and we'll be responsible for the usage. I'm not asking anyone to estimate our usage!
L & S

The 24 hour stable plan (normal usage) for Iberdrola is currently 0.180243 euro per kWh. (plus IVA).

https://www.iberdrola.es/en/electricity/stable-plan

In addition to the meter there is also a standing charge based on the power potential contracted (usually 5.7 Kw). I suspect that the landlord will also add this to your bill.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Paul M » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:42 am

marcliff wrote:In the Winter it will probably cost about 60 euro a month.

€60? That’s a real stab in the dark Marcliff! Surely it will depend on the size of the property, number of people present, amenities used etc? We (2 adults) have no gas supply and our average winter electric bill from Iberdrola is €180. We are on the night plan, potencia 9.2kw
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby marcliff » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:51 am

Paul M wrote:
marcliff wrote:In the Winter it will probably cost about 60 euro a month.

€60? That’s a real stab in the dark Marcliff! Surely it will depend on the size of the property, number of people present, amenities used etc? We (2 adults) have no gas supply and our average winter electric bill from Iberdrola is €180. We are on the night plan.

Of course it's a stab in the dark. Just so many different other stabs going round.
We also only have electric for a 3 bed semi. Our bills last winter never went over 65 euro for a month and that was when they started adding the gas cap. Just July and August which were so hot and we had visitors who wanted the aircon on most of the time it went to nearly 90 euro.

If you're paying 180 euro a month you need your plan looking at or turning some things off.
Last month bill was 43.87 and it says my average daily usage over the last 14 months was just under 2 euro a day.

Choose your 8 hour plan with Iberdrola.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Paul M » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:08 am

Ha! Turn things off? That’s how the fight would start :text-lol:

I’m not unhappy with our bills, I actually think we get good value considering how we use electricity so it’s not a complaint. Our aircon is on throughout the house 24/7 all summer (and still for several hours a day now) and we use warm air plus underfloor heating all winter. Add in ovens, hobs, kettles, TVs, pool pump etc; and our hot water boiler is outside so we have that on 3 times a day for 2 hour periods during the winter.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Next