Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

re name change on a car

re name change on a car

Postby mickjh » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:12 pm

hi, i am looking at buying a spanish registered car in london and driving it over, does anyone know of a company who will change it to my name, if anyone has done it how much does it cost?
thanks for any information. mick.
mickjh

Which part of Spain are you from?: torrevieja

Re: re name change on a car

Postby Bee » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:43 pm

I have kept bits and pieces on this this from time-to-time so hopefully it will give you some idea. Unfortunately it is not as simple as sign the logbook and change the owner's name as we are used to doing. Bee

Cost of Transfer as it is a Spanish Vehicle would be €55.70 to Trafico plus 4-8% of book value of car for Transfer Fee (this value for each vehicle make is published yearly by Hacienda) plus Gestor's Fee which is usually around €100

This company opposite the ITV Centre in Torrevieja, has been around for years and always come highly recommended

TIV-Control Register..
Av. los Nenúfares.
965 70 94 00
They will need ALL the car documents from you before they can do the transfer
email: [email protected]

Documents needed to Transfer a Spanish Reg Car:
Copy of the Permiso de Circulación (green paper)
• Copy of the Ficha Técnica (technical sheet)
• Copy of DNI/TIE or NIE & passport of both seller and buyer
• If buyer doesn’t have DNI/TIE proof of address is needed:
rental contract or property deeds (Not sure about that one somebody else may know if it's needed)
• Signed sales contract in Spanish by buyer and seller with date and time

Before you buy it you need to make sure the following:

Get a car report to make sure the car is free from fines, embargoes or financing.
Check the car documents. Make sure the seller has proof of payment of the previous years IVTM (road tax) and the ITV (MOT) is valid
Make sure the seller's ID matches up with the name on the permiso de circulaction (Logbook) to avoid any complications. You need to make sure of this as if the ownership hasn't been changed by the current owner you will not be able to transfer the vehicle into your name. Get copies of the seller's ID
A sales contract needs to be completed in Spanish and signed by both parties. Buyer and seller keep a copy. It's important to put the exact time on the contract as well as the date to save any fines or charges that can occur immediately after the sale.
Pay for the vehicle
Book an appointment at Traffico or send copies to your Gestor to register the vehicle in your name
Get Insurance. Insurance companies need proof that the transfer is underway.
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja