Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Might the 90 day rule change at some point..?

Re: Might the 90 day rule change at some point..?

Postby 1foot4ward » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:56 pm

blingle wrote:
Mac3blade wrote:For Years, Spain turned a blind eye when people overstayed. Our Swedish neighbour stayed for 9 months and returned home for the summer. To all you doubters, watch and you’ll see. It won’t affect us as we are Irish passport holders as well as British so we are blessed to have the best of both worlds. I’m convinced that the 90/180 day rule will be altered in Spain and Brits will be able to enjoy their winters in Spain. It’s just a matter of time. Ask yourself why France implements the rule rigorously whilst Spain doesn’t. The Spanish government welcome the Brits. They’ve been coming to their shores for years.

How many times do you need to be told that SPAIN cannot alter the rules?

It is an EU rule, for the benefit of EU members.

If anyone wants to know those benefits, then write to EU Headquarters and make a request.

Spain can (and already has) visa options, same as other EU countries, if you get a golden visa you can already avoid the 90/180 tourist rule. This is not even an EU rule, it applies to Schengen area only, it is perfectly ok for countries to set their own individual visa rules.

100% agree though, Spain cannot alter the Schengen rules, they can only apply additional visa options with associated application process & requirements.
1foot4ward

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Tizzy74 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:38 am

Mac3blade wrote:I’m horrified by the attitude of some fellow members. Sour grapes comes to mind.
It has long been my opinion that Spain was never going to implement the 90 day rule. However, once this electronic system is put in place, they’ll be obliged to implement the rule. It’s sad to hear expats become so bitter. Those of us who have 2 homes have to pay a lot of money for the privilege. There are fewer and fewer English speaking people coming to our area. It’s all Russian, Ukrainian, Belgian and Scandinavian. Yes, older Brits still spend the winter months in Benidorm but fewer and fewer are coming to our areas.
The world is made up with super rich people who don’t know what they are worth. They are the privileged wealthy folk who still have to deal with health problems and family difficulties, the same as the rest of us. I couldn’t care less about their wealth and you should t either.
My Angry, I’m sure you’ll be happy enough to take your pension or anything else you are entitled to from the U.K. How would you feel if we ( non residents) hoped that thus would be withdrawn as you have chosen to live in a different country. I’ll bet you’d be very ANGRY and rightly so too. Live and let live. You are living the dream while we are at home getting on with our lives.
Negative thoughts are very bad for the human psyche Put those rotten thoughts out of your mind and concentrate on being happy. You chose to move to Spain to live and I have no doubt that you are very happy with your life. I don’t want to live in Spain. I love my home and my family nearby. I equally love the time I spend in Spain but don’t begrudge you and others who have taken the giant step to live your lives elsewhere and waken up everyday to be met by blue skies and sunshine.

My heart goes out to those people who can’t stay for the whole winter anymore and I’d like to see Spain moving the goal poles too.

Thanks Mac3blade, very well said!
Tizzy74

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Tizzy74 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:39 am

brandyboy wrote:
Mac3blade wrote:I’m horrified by the attitude of some fellow members. Sour grapes comes to mind.
It has long been my opinion that Spain was never going to implement the 90 day rule. However, once this electronic system is put in place, they’ll be obliged to implement the rule. It’s sad to hear expats become so bitter. Those of us who have 2 homes have to pay a lot of money for the privilege. There are fewer and fewer English speaking people coming to our area. It’s all Russian, Ukrainian, Belgian and Scandinavian. Yes, older Brits still spend the winter months in Benidorm but fewer and fewer are coming to our areas.
The world is made up with super rich people who don’t know what they are worth. They are the privileged wealthy folk who still have to deal with health problems and family difficulties, the same as the rest of us. I couldn’t care less about their wealth and you should t either.
My Angry, I’m sure you’ll be happy enough to take your pension or anything else you are entitled to from the U.K. How would you feel if we ( non residents) hoped that thus would be withdrawn as you have chosen to live in a different country. I’ll bet you’d be very ANGRY and rightly so too. Live and let live. You are living the dream while we are at home getting on with our lives.
Negative thoughts are very bad for the human psyche Put those rotten thoughts out of your mind and concentrate on being happy. You chose to move to Spain to live and I have no doubt that you are very happy with your life. I don’t want to live in Spain. I love my home and my family nearby. I equally love the time I spend in Spain but don’t begrudge you and others who have taken the giant step to live your lives elsewhere and waken up everyday to be met by blue skies and sunshine.
My heart goes out to those people who can’t stay for the whole winter anymore and I’d like to see Spain moving the goal poles too.

A good answer to some nasty people.

Tizzy74

Postby Tizzy74 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:50 am

cjrk wrote:There's some right miserable people on here. Talk about vindictive and petty, pathetic.
Tizzy74

Postby Tizzy74 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:54 am

2Sheds wrote:

No I'ts not going to happen. However I find the attitude of some of those who have residencia (some on this forum) frankly pathetic.
Once in the club they seem to develop an anti British stance on any discussion whilst acting somewhat superior to non residents.
The reason the 90 day rule will stay is purely political. Strange how the momentum of enforcement has gained traction since the UK left the EU. As a non resident I can honestly say that the rule hasn't affected me because I always stayed within the 90 days.
In a fairer world I think there should be more flexibility for those non residents with property, instead of being treated as mere holiday tourists. But of course such a thing would spark fury among the elitist residents.

If someone can explain how Spain gains from enforcing this rule I'm all ears.

Tizzy74

Postby HarvHar2018 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:31 pm

The entitled :text-goodpost:
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Postby cooper67 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:03 pm

in the leader today reading that Spain is lobbying the EU regarding the 90 day rule is costing Spain to much money ,Spain have already scored a post Brexit victory for British touring performers
cooper67

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Darro » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:29 pm

For the N'th time it's a Schengen rule and the EU cannot and are not going to create exceptions for the UK who remember elected to leave the bloc and forego the privileges which flowed from it.

https://home-affairs.ec.europa.eu/policies/schengen-borders-and-visa/visa-policy_en

If people want to lobby for anything then lobby for rejoining, you'll have a far greater chance of success!
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby The Eagle » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:34 pm

Darro wrote:For the N'th time it's a Schengen rule and the EU cannot and are not going to create exceptions for the UK who remember elected to leave the bloc and forego the privileges which flowed from it.

https://home-affairs.ec.europa.eu/policies/schengen-borders-and-visa/visa-policy_en

If people want to lobby for anything then lobby for rejoining, you'll have a far greater chance of success!

You're banging your head against a brick wall. !!
The Eagle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Darro » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:47 pm

I know, and maybe one day those who persist in harping on about it will accept that they are too!

If you want to do something with any vestige of a chance or producing a positive result then devote your energies toward lobbying for UK to rejoin the EU.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

PreviousNext