Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Mould remover

Mould remover

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:27 am

My daughter and her husband have moved from London to (NI). They’ve bought a superb home and finally took possession of it last week. An elderly couple had lived in it for most of their lives and seemed to have nothing but the best in it. However, there was a lot of mildew in the grouting of all the tiles. I used 4 bottles of HG mould remover and what a transformation. I even sprayed the bottom of the roller blinds which were covered in mildew. All gone. It’s the most amazing stuff. My daughter is over in London while the removers pack up their possessions to take them over to Belfast. I told her to order some of this product online. The grouting around the bath had a few large black marks. All gone. She rang me earlier to tell me how impressed she is.
With tiles in all homes in Spain, I thought Ud share this with you.
All HG products are superb. I use their wooden floor polish on my hall floor. I read in the tradesmen section where MARCLIFF recommends HG for drains and smells. IGNIRE this post if if no use to you otherwise, buy it. You’ll be so pleased. Spray on. Leave as long as you like and let it do its job! They say 30 mins but if bad, leave it and go away. It’ll be clean when you return.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Re: Mould remover

Postby millies123 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:58 am

Can you tell me what HG is or a pic and where we can buy it , ty
millies123

Which part of Spain are you from?: la Zenia

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:06 am

You can probably get it in the fetteteria by Consum and Leroy Merlin as they stock that brand
Screenshot_2023-11-02-09-08-41-240_com.android.chrome.jpg

millies123 wrote:Can you tell me what HG is or a pic and where we can buy it , ty
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Ov3rdal3 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:23 am

The Bricolaje in Montesinos have an extensive range of HG products

ALCARAZ E HIJOS, S.L.

Pg. Ind. Levante II – Cl. Guardamar 9

03187 Los Montesinos – Alicante
Ov3rdal3

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:58 am

Good morning everyone. I wrote that post before going to bed last night and am delighted to see that you’ve been able to show a picture of the bottle with a Spanish label. You never cease to amaze me. Very well done.
Let me remind you of another amazing product that somebody recommended a while back. Mercadona’s MULTIUSOS. For your outside while plastic chairs and loungers, spray and leave. I read the tip and bought and used it. My loungers are transformed. Don’t try a similar brand, only MULTIUSOS. It’s superb.
Now you’ll have no excuse to have black silicone stains and tiles or mildewed and discoloured chairs!!!
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Pensionista » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:37 am

Anyone got any recommendations for removing rust from terrace tiles? Don’t tell me Aguas Fuerte as I’ve tried it and it didn’t work. Thank you
Pensionista

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera del Segur

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:50 am

Try Fairy and a wire scourer?

Pensionista wrote:Anyone got any recommendations for removing rust from terrace tiles? Don’t tell me Aguas Fuerte as I’ve tried it and it didn’t work. Thank you
Last edited by Chrisdee on Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisdee

Postby Bee » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:07 pm

As a coincidence I have been trying to remove mould from clear silicone in a rental bathroom using HG and unfortunately it didn't work. I have tried reapplying it and soaking toilet paper and leaving it on top of it. Still didn't remove it. It is very disappointing. It is the chlorine content in it which makes it effective. It looks like I will have to reapply new silicone.

Bee
Bee

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:17 pm

That's why I like the look of those floor to ceiling panels mentioned last week, no grout and sealant = no mould. It's difficult too to get all the old sealant off to re do it. You have to keep on top of it, as soon as you see a tiny sign of grey get the spray out, I use Cillet bang? Sometimes Domestos antimould spray or any other antimould stuff that's in the cupboard.
Chrisdee

Postby blingle » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:50 pm

Bee wrote:As a coincidence I have been trying to remove mould from clear silicone in a rental bathroom using HG and unfortunately it didn't work. I have tried reapplying it and soaking toilet paper and leaving it on top of it. Still didn't remove it. It is very disappointing. It is the chlorine content in it which makes it effective. It looks like I will have to reapply new silicone.

Bee

Similar experience for me. I had mould onto some white silicone, and HG did nothing at all, even after 3 goes, leaving it on for varying amounts of time!

Eventually just stripped it all off and replaced.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion