Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Firestick British tv

Re: Firestick British tv

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:05 am

Why is there no need to pay if you watch it?

HarvHar2018 wrote:Why pay it when there's no need to though
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby blingle » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:26 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Why is there no need to pay if you watch it?

HarvHar2018 wrote:Why pay it when there's no need to though

I guess he's saying that it's very unlikely that the licensing folk will turn up at the door, and you can deny entry to your home if they don't have a search warrant.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby jpeg » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:44 pm

Mac3blade wrote:Really? How can I receive freesat or freeview?

Freesat comes through the satelite dish
Freeview comes through an aeriel but in Spain you will get the Spanish version not uk
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:26 pm

Thanks JPEG.

If we didn’t pay for our TV licence and watched / listened to BBC, then I’d be stealing. I live in the U.K. and we are all obliged to pay fir the services we receive. It’s only £41 per quarter. A cup of coffee is £3.15 in Marks and Spencer’s and more in other places. I pay for this too as that’s what people do!!
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby marcliff » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:48 pm

jpeg wrote:
Mac3blade wrote:Really? How can I receive freesat or freeview?

Freesat comes through the satelite dish
Freeview comes through an aeriel but in Spain you will get the Spanish version not uk

Freesat via your satellite dish but you need a Freesat box (built for UK) to get the regional channels properly. You could bring one over with you next time.

A satellite box here will get all the satellite channels but not in the correct order nor will you get a programme guide like you get with Freesat. You set your freesat box up to the postcode you want to use in UK. You can't get the catch up channels like BBC I player etc unless you have a VPN capable TV to load it on.

You can't get freeview. There is the Spanish DVB (Digital Video Broadcasting) which is through an aerial and all urbanisations should have this set up for the community. There are 34 Spanish channels on it and most can be changed to English if the original language was English (or mainly American to be exact). Just a button click or a select dual language button is generally enough.

You can buy a Freesat brand TV box and they also have some Humax Freesat boxes on Amazon.es but more expensive than UK (Humax stopped making them and Freesat started selling their own boxes).
Several versions, some you can record directly with or use a USB connect hard drive.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Darro » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:44 pm

Mac3blade wrote:If we didn’t pay for our TV licence and watched / listened to BBC, then I’d be stealing.

There is no such thing as a radio licence therefore you are completely free to listen to BBC radio anytime anywhere.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby blingle » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:18 pm

Darro wrote:
Mac3blade wrote:If we didn’t pay for our TV licence and watched / listened to BBC, then I’d be stealing.

There is no such thing as a radio licence therefore you are completely free to listen to BBC radio anytime anywhere.

And also free to watch all on-demand services with the exception of BBC iPlayer.

Personally I can't find anything on the BBC worth watching, whether live or on-demand. The dramas are appalling!!!
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:49 pm

I think there is, you need one if you play the radio at your business premises, or you did do.

Darro wrote:

Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:54 pm

Chrisdee wrote:I think there is, you need one if you play the radio at your business premises, or you did do.

Darro wrote:

That's not a BBC Licence, though. It's a Public Broadcasting Service Licence and is due to copyright. The artists get royalties from the licence fee in shops, places of work and background music in reception areas etc.

Still, we are talking about Spain so talk of a BBC licence is a bit moot. We don't even have a TV licence in Spain (hence the interminable number of adverts in every break).

I'd pay the licence fee just for the David Attenborough programmes.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Mac3blade » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:12 am

Marcliff, you are a mind of information. Sincere thanks. We do have connection for Spanish tv but haven’t used it for many years. It’s even fed into the bedrooms. All I’ll need is a cable with a suitable aerial connection for the back of the tv…. If there is such a thing on TVs now .

How can anyone call the dramas on BBC appalling? Prime Suspect, The Body Guard, Dr Foster and all the rest not to mention THE TRAITORS! Superb. Recently watched The Traitors U.K. again and really enjoyed it. Yes, David Attenborough is quite fantastic and watched by the world.

Thank to everyone for their advice.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

PreviousNext