Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Torrevieja Hospital - scans

Re: Torrevieja Hospital - scans

Postby Jansl » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:10 pm

I had an appointment 3 weeks ago for a CT scan. Pulled into the hospital car park at the appointed time, phone rings "The machine is broken".
Yesterday was the day for my rescheduled scan, just about to leave home, phone rings, you'll never guess "Machine is broken".
I believe in Father Christmas as well. !!!!
Jansl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Singer » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:09 pm

Yes, like Mrs D I tried that link. My wife is waiting for three appointments from back in May. None of them are showing via the link. (But her blood test for next week is showing, albeit with no other info such as how long it's been on the list etc.)
Pure speculation but maybe they only appear on that link once a date has been allocated. If that's so then there must presumably be another 'list' of requests for appointments that have not yet been allocated dates. We'll go to that desk and try to find out about hers.

As a point of interest we were told by our doctor last week that the wait for an endoscopy is 18 months!
Singer

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby marcliff » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:20 pm

Singer wrote:Yes, like Mrs D I tried that link. My wife is waiting for three appointments from back in May. None of them are showing via the link. (But her blood test for next week is showing, albeit with no other info such as how long it's been on the list etc.)
Pure speculation but maybe they only appear on that link once a date has been allocated. If that's so then there must presumably be another 'list' of requests for appointments that have not yet been allocated dates. We'll go to that desk and try to find out about hers.

As a point of interest we were told by our doctor last week that the wait for an endoscopy is 18 months!

If an appointment has been requested then it should show on that list. It should tell you when you were put on it and the average waiting time for that procedure. Probably a good idea to check at the hospital to make sure they have received the referral.

Re the endoscopy, my wife waited less than two months when she had gall bladder problems. That was just over 2 years ago during the covid shenanigans.

I know they have been complaining about being able to recruit doctors in the whole of the Valencia Region due to Puig's ruling that all medical staff have to be able to speak Valenciana (Elche and Alicante hospitals complaining about this in particular) but waiting times seem to have got worse than during the pandemic or since Ribera health were stopped providing services.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Singer » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:49 pm

Yes, it's off to the hospital for us to try to clear it up.

Regarding the endoscopy situation, our doctor also told us that Torrevieja Hospital does not currently have a qualified person (to conduct the procedure) on staff, and has to borrow one, when available, from another hospital ...
Singer

Postby DaveWales » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:05 pm

Funny enough - or is it frustrating? Today the scans have appeared on the app (one day after talking to them), not until 7 December but a step forward, just have to hope there isn't a last minute cancellation!
DaveWales

Postby Mrs D » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:01 pm

Update...

I contacted the hospital...no signs of the CT scan appointment, but there was notes about them, the lovely lady said she would request. I had a text 2 hours later..both scansbthis coming Monday.
No sign of an endoscope that's a waiting time of 17 months now....
Mrs D

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso Guradamar De

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:15 pm

We've just had a call for a brain scan cancellation on 29th, machine broken!
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Mrsfeliz » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:16 pm

Thank you Marcliff and Chrisdee for your replies…appreciated
Mrsfeliz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous