Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Torrevieja Hospital - scans

Torrevieja Hospital - scans

Postby DaveWales » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:09 pm

My wife has been waiting for months to hear from the hospital about two neurology scans ( neurologist said they were urgent). How do we chase these, as local doctor was sadly no help at all. Where do we go to chase at hospital or can we telephone, but without speaking Spanish just seem to be fobbed off. Any help really appreciated.
DaveWales

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Re: Torrevieja Hospital - scans

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:36 pm

Go to the hospital and use Google translate or better still take a friend who speaks Spanish and go to the main entrance, go straight across past the machines where you check in, go downstairs to the reception area, take a ticket and wait your turn. We are also waiting, when I went they told me to just wait for the phone call.

DaveWales wrote:My wife has been waiting for months to hear from the hospital about two neurology scans ( neurologist said they were urgent). How do we chase these, as local doctor was sadly no help at all. Where do we go to chase at hospital or can we telephone, but without speaking Spanish just seem to be fobbed off. Any help really appreciated.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:49 pm

You can also check if you are on the waiting list by going to this site GVA Salut and check on forthcoming appointments Citas Pendientes

You need to enter the SIP card number, the date of birth and date of issue of the card.
Then copy the letters into the box and it will offer to send you a code to your phone (the put the last 4 numbers I think). They then send you a SMS and you enter that into the box.

That will then tell you what waiting list you are on, how long you've been on it and how long the average waiting time is. However, that does seem a long time to wait for a scan.

When my wife's was delayed we went to the place Chrisdee says and she sent us to the other reception by the cafe. A lady came out, took the card and came back about 10 minutes later with an appointment for the next week.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby DaveWales » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:43 am

Thank you both. We will see how it goes this week. Fingers crossed.
DaveWales

Postby abritabroad » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:48 am

Having had multiple appointments in the last 2 years have found that going to the reception by urgencies usually gets things moving it's situated to the left of the entrance door for emergency go down steps turn right then across the car park to the main door as you enter the canteen is to your left take a ticket and wait for your number.
Google translate or a Spanish speaking friend would be a good Idea.
abritabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrievja

Postby DaveWales » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:50 pm

Went to the reception this morning only to be sent to the scan reception on ground floor. Seems like she slipped through the system and was missed. Was told they will ring with appointment - hopefully very soon
Thanks everyone for your help.
DaveWales

Postby Mrs D » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:18 pm

Tried Marcliff's way ...... got my doctors appointment for next week showing, the 2 scans I am waiting for since March & May this year which have the paperwork for no sign of those! So maybe 8t doesnt show everything.
When I mentioned 8t to the doctor yesterday..it was Torrevieja are 12 months behind....., I am also still waiting for an endoscope since June 2022, I was told thousands are also ....
Mrs D

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso Guradamar De

Postby Mrsfeliz » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:11 am

Thank you Marcliff. I have gone into the GVA salut site, but is it possible to change it to English? I can read Spanish, but it would be much easier in English.
Mrsfeliz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:08 am

Only Spanish, I use my phone and borrow husband's and use the camera on Google translate, hover over it and you can see it in English the bits you don't understand

Mrsfeliz wrote:Thank you Marcliff. I have gone into the GVA salut site, but is it possible to change it to English? I can read Spanish, but it would be much easier in English.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:30 am

If you are using a PC then use Google Chrome as your browser. It will translate it to English by clicking the right button on your mouse or keypad.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Next