Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Fresh cranberries?

Re: Fresh cranberries?

Postby debgreen » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:13 pm

Tesco do this.
Deb
debgreen

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby Jonlamb » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:12 pm

Supermercado Manper,
Sells dried cranberries, Arándanos which I like, a handful of almonds and arándanos
are very delicious.
Manper is at the shopping centre at the north end of Avenida Valencia in Torrevieja.
C. Gines Saura Sanchez, 12, 03183 Torrevieja, Alicante
Jonlamb

Which part of Spain are you from?: rojales

Postby rainbow54 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:53 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Iceland did frozen cranberries as we used those and they were fine perhaps see if Tesco's have them

Are these cranberries? I thought Arandanos were blueberries. The colour is more red that dark blue/black like blueberries.
rainbow54

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jonlamb » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:38 am

Hi Rainbow,
Googling blueberry and cranberry both come up as Arándanos when translated. I don't like the frozen blueberries, but the dried Arándanos in Manper are defo the reddish cranberrys
Jon
Jonlamb

Which part of Spain are you from?: rojales

Postby rainbow54 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:56 am

Jonlamb wrote:Hi Rainbow,
Googling blueberry and cranberry both come up as Arándanos when translated. I don't like the frozen blueberries, but the dried Arándanos in Manper are defo the reddish cranberrys
Jon

Hi Jon. Yes that’s what I discovered when I translated both as well. I opened the packet I bought and they are definitely blueberries. I tried the dried cranberries last Christmas but they didn’t work out well. Someone told me yesterday they thought Iceland had frozen ones so I will try there.
rainbow54

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:41 pm

Yes, arandano are both cranberry and blueberries in Spanish but cranberries most often called arandanos rojos. If, for example, you put arandano in the Carrefour site it will come up with mainly blueberries. If you put arandanos rojos it will come up with dried cranberries and other items containing cranberries.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Graham_Lynn » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:38 pm

Jonlamb wrote:Supermercado Manper,
Sells dried cranberries, Arándanos which I like, a handful of almonds and arándanos
are very delicious.
Manper is at the shopping centre at the north end of Avenida Valencia in Torrevieja.
C. Gines Saura Sanchez, 12, 03183 Torrevieja, Alicante

Dried cranberries can be found in most supermarkets, it’s the fresh/frozen type we’re are searching for as the dried type is not suitable for making cranberry sauce.
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Previous