Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Water being stolen

Re: Water being stolen

Postby Bee » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:25 am

Yes Gustav that sounds good. They even have a dedicated number in some Provinces for reporting water theft. It is a crime so a denuncia is in order. I saw one case in Leon where a neighbour was stealing water. The owner before going to Court had to get a report from the Water company to say the use was excessive and that there were no leaks. In that case it was €700 of illegal usage. Surely a photo of the illegal connection showing blatant robbery should be enough to satisfy any legal stumbling blocks.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby daz » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:16 am

Cut about one foot length off the squatters empty property pipe, so it doesn’t reach anyone else’s meter in that cupboard. Might seem harsh, but considering they have taken over someone else’s property and caused untold thousands of euros damages, repairing a piece of pipe after they move on, is nothing much at all.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:26 am

Thank you all for your tips, I'll pass them on. They are clever sods, cutting the pipe, they'd probably repair it.
Chrisdee

Postby Gustav » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:52 pm

Ov3rdal3 wrote:Wow, so glad you are not my neighbour

And me yours
Why are you a water stealer?
You probably don't know what it's like to have squatters / gypsies living close bye,doing untold damage to electric/ water meter cupboards to gain access to steal utilitys
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby DTR » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:09 pm

Darro wrote:If it were me I'd engineer some sort of unique no standard connection to my side making it impossible for anyone to simply switch over.

You could then just get an adapter!
DTR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Adey » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:42 pm

You could just turn off where they have connected too, then disconnect their feed pipe and let the bit of water run out, then you fill the flexible connector pipe with black permanent clothes dye, re-connect it, turn it back on and wait for the screams :lol:
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby Kaz123 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:16 pm

I have discovered today that the water meters can be read through a locked meter cupboard
Kaz123

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:33 pm

Our cupboards are locked but they chop the locks off.

Kaz123 wrote:I have discovered today that the water meters can be read through a locked meter cupboard
Chrisdee

Postby Linda25 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:43 pm

I’m in agreement with Gustav these squatters cause untold damage to the properties, we have just managed to get them out of one on our community where they stole water, electricity and anything else they could get their hands. So they deserve and get no sympathy from me!
Linda25

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby telmel » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:29 pm

Adey wrote:You could just turn off where they have connected too, then disconnect their feed pipe and let the bit of water run out, then you fill the flexible connector pipe with black permanent clothes dye, re-connect it, turn it back on and wait for the screams :lol:

Rat poison would be more effective than dye A, very apt for the rats that are squatting there
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

PreviousNext