Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

90 Day Cap discussed in London...

Re: 90 Day Cap discussed in London...

Postby omarell » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:54 pm

You voted for Brexit then 90 day rule should stay. Why should it be changed for you
omarell

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby cooper67 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:02 pm

I NEVER VOTED FOR BREXIT and SCOTLAND never voted Brexit lied to by Boris and his tory cronies Farage another lying con man the 90 day rule will change money talks Spain and France are losing to much money
cooper67

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Big Wheeler » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:37 pm

As I understand it the root cause over Schengen currently in progress is the high level of movement of illegal migrants around Europe which has caused several countries to reintroduce some level of border controls.France and Spain have adopted a "while we're at it" approach re the 90 day business.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby The Eagle » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:25 pm

Mac3blade wrote:Hi Darro
If a person/ couple make a huge commitment and buy and maintain a property in another country, they cannot be classed the same as someone who visits rather than owns. Many people scrimp and save to find the money to buy. You seem to assume that everyone is privileged as in wealthy. Many are and many aren’t. Don’t be harsh on people. We love being in Spain but equally love being at home. Many residents have absolutely no desire to return home. We are all different. When you have to pay a huge amount of money maintaining a home in Spain, it seems wrong for many to be unable to spend time there. All those direct debits add up and that’s money we’ve paid tax on. If we sold up in the morning, we’d have more money and time to travel the world. In truth, we’d prefer to spend time in Torrevieja. The simple life in the heat. Our travelling will come to an end soon sadly as travelling has become a torture
Don’t ruin life for others because you think they May be financially better off than you. Why begrudge joy to others. You don’t know what their lives have been like and this may be the only joy they have. Live and let live. Always try to offer the hand of friendship and you’ll be the better off for it. I notice you regularly offer help and advice when you can. When your life ends, you’d like to think that people will say “ he was one of the good guys”. A true gentleman.

Well said Rosemary.
The Eagle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:57 am

Darro wrote:My objection is why should those who were fortunate enough to have be able to afford second homes be further advantaged over others who might also like to stay for longer periods but in rental properties or hotels likely spending just as money.

Highly discriminatory IMO.

If someone can afford to stay that period of time in hotels etc then I would say they are pretty privileged,you are also not mentioning the fact that second home owners pay non resident tax and all other fiscal duties.

I don't agree that they are being offered preferential treatment at all.
Ally

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:59 am

:text-goodpost:
Mac3blade wrote:Hi Darro
If a person/ couple make a huge commitment and buy and maintain a property in another country, they cannot be classed the same as someone who visits rather than owns. Many people scrimp and save to find the money to buy. You seem to assume that everyone is privileged as in wealthy. Many are and many aren’t. Don’t be harsh on people. We love being in Spain but equally love being at home. Many residents have absolutely no desire to return home. We are all different. When you have to pay a huge amount of money maintaining a home in Spain, it seems wrong for many to be unable to spend time there. All those direct debits add up and that’s money we’ve paid tax on. If we sold up in the morning, we’d have more money and time to travel the world. In truth, we’d prefer to spend time in Torrevieja. The simple life in the heat. Our travelling will come to an end soon sadly as travelling has become a torture
Don’t ruin life for others because you think they May be financially better off than you. Why begrudge joy to others. You don’t know what their lives have been like and this may be the only joy they have. Live and let live. Always try to offer the hand of friendship and you’ll be the better off for it. I notice you regularly offer help and advice when you can. When your life ends, you’d like to think that people will say “ he was one of the good guys”. A true gentleman.
Ally

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:02 am

omarell wrote:You voted for Brexit then 90 day rule should stay. Why should it be changed for you

I didn't
Ally

Postby elchedave » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:26 am

I think you're all forgetting that it was always 90/180, just never enforced before the B word so if the French & Spanish are so worried then why don't they just go back to "turning a blind eye" to those that over stay??
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Bee » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:43 pm

elchedave wrote:I think you're all forgetting that it was always 90/180, just never enforced before the B word so if the French & Spanish are so worried then why don't they just go back to "turning a blind eye" to those that over stay??

90/180 only applies to non-EU countries. EU citizens are only required to register with Extranjeria if they wish to remain over 90 days in one stay. But generally speaking EU citizens can come and go to Spain as many times as they like in the year. If your stay amounts to 183days out of 365days then you are normally considered a Fiscal Resident by Hacienda but there are legally laid down exceptions to Fiscal Residence.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Philipb1407 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:42 am

I do think that, France will change their visa rules and that Spain and Portugal will follow suit. Many people across Spain & France are selling their properties, and although this brings in a sales tax, it does not compensate for the loss of daily spend locally, which creates local wealth, jobs and taxable profits.

For the EU members who visit the UK they have 180 in 365 stays they are not limited to 90 in 180, this was Britains visa Choice.

Scotland voted to leave the EU as did Northern Ireland, Wales and England. It was a UK vote the total UK vote said leave, you might as well say Spencer street of three houses in Yorkshire voted to stay in the EU. So we should ignore the whole vote, It does not work that way. The United Kingdom’s of Great Britain and Northern Ireland voted as one. That included Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England..The result was decisive. Many may not like it but it was fact.
So now we are left with Britain a third party to the EU, but many hundreds of thousands (because of the proximity to the EU) own property and assets in the EU, just as the EU citizens own property and assets in the UK.
Well educated politicians in the EU realise that shooting yourself in the foot has no benefits so are looking to change the visa rules.
Those countries whose income rely on the tourist trade will also think twice.

Owning a property in Europe assists the country in so many ways, from local council taxes and none resident taxes, to repairs and reforms, many own cars and have bought new locally sourced cars, also they buy garden furniture and employ gardeners and pool cleaners, local trades like hair dressers, cafe’s and bars as well as opticians doctors, chemists, vehicle repair shops, furniture shops and a host of other services exist to service the needs of both British immigrant residents and non residents alike. We all have something in common, we spend our Sterling in Euros in our chosen village/town/city.
That’s why so many Spanish people are so friendly with us, they know we are a valuable asset to their area.
Philipb1407

PreviousNext