Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Torrevieja half marathon 2024.

Torrevieja half marathon 2024.

Postby Brewingdog » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:39 am

Good morning all. Would anyone happen to know if this run is for elite athletes only. The website asks for an estimated time to complete your run and it's end target time is 1 hour 40 minutes.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Re: Torrevieja half marathon 2024.

Postby Madcatwoman » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:16 pm

Hi,
No it's not for elite athletes, I do the half marathon every year and really enjoy it :-)
I think where you're getting the time wrong is that you're looking at the designated boxes for each runner. For example if you think you'll be able to do it in under one and a half hours you'll be in box "Orange". I always go in the Purple box as I take around 1hr 55mins to complete the course. If you look at Article 2 in the regulations it states that the maximum time allowed is 2hrs 45 mins.
I hope this helps and I'd recommend that you sign up for it as it's a great run by the sea.
Madcatwoman

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Siesta

Re: Torrevieja half marathon 2024.

Postby Brewingdog » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:20 pm

Thank you. I'll take another look. Appreciate the answer.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford