Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

More on the 90 day rule from the Mallorca Daily...

More on the 90 day rule from the Mallorca Daily...

Postby Upstream » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:22 pm

Upstream

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: More on the 90 day rule from the Mallorca Daily...

Postby wilbhoy67 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:16 pm

Making positive noises but very little in the way of concrete evidence that anything can be done or is being done outside Tourist board lobbying.

France and Spain are obviously the big tourism losers in all of this shambles, but the EU acts as a block and the argument for second home owners should be bloc wide too.

Hopefully, the EU accepts that second home owners are not intent on being illegal migrants in the EU, but it may be that they require a softening of UK stance on movement of citizens as a result.

Not a bizarre proposal, given the EU can help Britain in this respect by stopping the turning a blind eye to the many migrant boats leaving it's ports.

A win win for all?

Hopefully.
wilbhoy67

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Re: More on the 90 day rule from the Mallorca Daily...

Postby Neradd » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:45 pm

It really doesnt take a Rocket Scientist to work out whats happening.
It's all geared up to the Next Election in the Uk which just so happens to coincide with the EU getting the EES live.
It's an easy Soution.
The Brits get 183 /360 instead of 90/180 in the EU. (Brussels being generous)
IE Jan 1st to 31st Dec. If they overstay they become Fiscal Residents. (Probably at a worse tax rate than the Brits who have gone to the expense of taking a TIE) And Rightly so.... And within 3 Months. Whereas its 6 Months in the EU
Dont Pay and you are banned from the EU until you do.
The Ex Pats that have gone to the expense of taking the TIE and recidencia don't feet aggrieved.

And, whilst the other EU residents flaunt the 183/360 rule, Rightly or wrongly. (Good For the, Enough Brits did)
Why should the Brits be allowed?

It's a simple Halfway House Compromise whereby the EU have compromised nothing really, and the Brits think they have won a Victory....

Until they break the Fiscal Rules.

Not really a dificuly one is it?
Don't underestimate Brussels, this is being played out in the Media deliberately, so it will end up on forums like this.
Some will fall for it and raise their hpes and Post....
Me ???
Ive've said my bit, I'll follow the rules, do what I'm asked to do and wait and see waht happens. (I still spend 170 days a year here anyway by doing as im asked)
Neradd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa