Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Wheelchair Assistance Alicante Airport

Wheelchair Assistance Alicante Airport

Postby Bee » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:49 pm

Could somebody who is familiar with wheelchair assistance at Alicante Airport walk me through the procedure please. This is the first time we will need this service. Do you normally book with the airline or direct with AENA Alicante?
Many thanks. Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Wheelchair Assistance Alicante Airport

Postby Paul M » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:12 pm

We booked assistance on the EasyJet website. Would imagine it’s probably a similar process with most carriers. You go to the assistance desk in the terminal and they will help you to check any luggage in if required, they take care of everything from there. The assistance staff were excellent.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Bee » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:22 pm

Thanks PaulM. When you say "Assistance Desk" is that a dedicated desk for the wheelchair at Departures Level in Alicante? Thanks Bee
Bee

Postby Paul M » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:32 pm

Hi Bee, yes there is a dedicated desk in the departures hall, it’s well signposted so you can’t miss it. I can only speak for our experience with EasyJet but it was seamless.
Booked assistance on the airline website, they booked the assistance with AENA.
We just went to the assistance desk, gave our name and they already had us booked in the computer. They will help you to check your luggage if needed, if not, they take you straight through security etc; they then take you from the gate onto the aircraft before other passengers board.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Bee » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:52 pm

Many thanks Paul that sounds straightforward. There won't be any luggage she just needs the wheelchair as wouldn't be able for the long walk to departure gate and boarding.

Bee
Bee

Postby Shiva » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:14 pm

I am sure other TQ people will share their experiences. From mine I would say the special assistance at Alicante is brilliant. For friends who had to use it and also at one point (broken ankle)I was obliged to use it as well. There's a dedicated desk at the airport, just go there and sign in. After that, really no worries, they'll take you to where you need to be. You'll be taken by friendly cheerful people. I would say you would be expected to have booked it through your airline first.I.e you don't just 'turn up.' They check lists from the airlines. So eg if you are easyjet you should tick the box for special assistance. Then they have a note of you at the airport.
Shiva

Postby Bee » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:31 pm

Thanks Shiva. She will be incoming from Ireland with Ryanair so we will add to the booking and hopefully they will be at the bottom of the steps to meet her.

Bee
Bee

Postby Darro » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:52 am

Just by the RA checking desks there is a small seating area where you will be directed to sit and wait for your assistance to turn up, couldn't be simpler.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Shiva » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:17 am

Bee wrote:Thanks Shiva. She will be incoming from Ireland with Ryanair so we will add to the booking and hopefully they will be at the bottom of the steps to meet her.

Bee
Yes they meet people off the plane.
Shiva

Postby Wingnut » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:48 am

5 star service leaving Alicante.
Arriving at Gatwick, not so much. 2 stars.
Leaving Gatwick 4 stars.
Arriving Alicante 5 stars.
Wingnut

Next