Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Live like a Lord in Spain

Re: Live like a Lord in Spain

Postby Gustav » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:15 am

:text-lol:
Must think we all numptys,
If you don't know how to manage your eating habits and make economy meals if you wish, by you 25yrs old or earlier,
You had a poor up bringing,
All the rest is common sense
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Philipb1407 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:12 pm

Paul M wrote:Jeez! Condescending or what!! :text-givemebeer:
First set up your table, a clean white table cloth, 2 knifes 2 forks and a dessert fork. 2 wine glasses per person
3 plates per person is required if possible 2 oblong and one round, if you have no oblongs just use round

Yo! Calm down girl, It’s not condescending, it was creating an ambiance like in a Michelin star restaurant, shouldn’t people have the right to feel special.
My post was just to create a feel good factor. Read the headline “feel like a lord in Spain”

From your accusation though it sounds like you have never enjoyed a 3* Michelin dinner.
I’m sure if you nip to maccyDs they’ll drop your grub in a paper tray for you, there again if you beg I’m sure they’ll find a dog bowl..
Philipb1407

Postby Gustav » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:31 pm

Ever heard the saying,
Breakfast like a king
Lunch like a lord
Dine like a pauper,
Thats so you not going to sleep on a full stomach, and eating, following the above saying ,
Gives your your body time to burn and digest your food while active through out the day ,makes sense to me!
Gustav

Postby Paul M » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:19 pm

Philipb1407 wrote:
First set up your table, a clean white table cloth, 2 knifes 2 forks and a dessert fork. 2 wine glasses per person
3 plates per person is required if possible 2 oblong and one round, if you have no oblongs just use round

Yo! Calm down girl, It’s not condescending, it was creating an ambiance like in a Michelin star restaurant, shouldn’t people have the right to feel special.
My post was just to create a feel good factor. Read the headline “feel like a lord in Spain”

From your accusation though it sounds like you have never enjoyed a 3* Michelin dinner.
I’m sure if you nip to maccyDs they’ll drop your grub in a paper tray for you, there again if you beg I’m sure they’ll find a dog bowl..

As you’re nitpicking, the headline is actually ‘LIVE Like a Lord’ not ‘feel’. Your condescension is you telling us burger and KFC eaters to ‘just use round plates if you don’t have oblong ones’!!

How on earth would we have coped without that little pearl of wisdom?
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:23 pm

I like being spoilt with a meal in a fancy restaurant but I love dinner in a pie n mash shop too, double pie n mash with eels and extra liquor.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby The Eagle » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:49 pm

Totally agree.

But hey, 'calm down girl' he's only ' creating an ambiance like in a 3 asterisk restaurant' where you can use round plates if you haven't got oblong ones.
Last edited by The Eagle on Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Eagle

Postby The Eagle » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:57 pm

Philipb1407 wrote:

Nasty piece of work, aren't we.
The Eagle

Postby Philipb1407 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:08 pm

The Eagle wrote:
Philipb1407 wrote:

Nasty piece of work, aren't we.

As the original post was about a completely innocent observation, and the rest of the posts were celebrating enjoying the fun of being in Spain and the spirit of this forum is to be kind to people and share ideas, experiences and fun and as my post had nothing at all to do with condescending comments, wouldn’t you say to make such a crass comment about a subject was in itself NASTY,
We come on this site to share thoughts and help each other in times of need or simply share ideas and ideals,
but there seems to be a group of posters whose sole aim is to criticise, or create conflict. Well it seems they like to give it, but can’t take it.
Personally, I prefer to discuss ideas and ideals with like minded people, those kindly folk who don’t look for conflict in everything that’s said.
Those who share and don’t look for argument
Maybe you would be happier simply ignoring my posts and i’ll ignore yours…
Yes!
Philipb1407

Postby Gustav » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:21 am

I blame brexit!
The heading on the post could of been
"Live like a King,"
Now reduced to a Lord,
Before Brexit& Covid
What next
Serf or Peasant,
The war in Ukraine etc & the world economy/cost of living crisis,
But hey those with a raft of money private company pensions etc can ride it out on the crest of a wave down on Guardamar beach, or La Zenia beach Xmas day, for those that celebrate Xmas,
Last edited by Gustav on Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gustav

Postby Gustav » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:28 am

Paul M wrote:
Philipb1407 wrote:

As you’re nitpicking, the headline is actually ‘LIVE Like a Lord’ not ‘feel’. Your condescension is you telling us burger and KFC eaters to ‘just use round plates if you don’t have oblong ones’!!

How on earth would we have coped without that little pearl of wisdom?

The paper plates are oblong in KFC ?? :text-thankyouyellow: :text-lol:
Gustav

PreviousNext

Return to Quesada general discussion