Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Live like a Lord in Spain

Re: Live like a Lord in Spain

Postby brandyboy » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:18 am

Chrisdee wrote:I like being spoilt with a meal in a fancy restaurant but I love dinner in a pie n mash shop too, double pie n mash with eels and extra liquor.

Now you’re talking.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby brandyboy » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:26 am

Yo! Calm down girl, It’s not condescending, it was creating an ambiance like in a Michelin star restaurant, shouldn’t people have the right to feel special.
My post was just to create a feel good factor. Read the headline “feel like a lord in Spain”

From your accusation though it sounds like you have never enjoyed a 3* Michelin dinner.
I’m sure if you nip to maccyDs they’ll drop your grub in a paper tray for you, there again if you beg I’m sure they’ll find a dog bowl..[/quote]

The Eagle wrote:
Nasty piece of work, aren't we.[/quote]

As the original post was about a completely innocent observation, and the rest of the posts were celebrating enjoying the fun of being in Spain and the spirit of this forum is to be kind to people and share ideas, experiences and fun and as my post had nothing at all to do with condescending comments, wouldn’t you say to make such a crass comment about a subject was in itself NASTY,
We come on this site to share thoughts and help each other in times of need or simply share ideas and ideals,
but there seems to be a group of posters whose sole aim is to criticise, or create conflict. Well it seems they like to give it, but can’t take it.
Personally, I prefer to discuss ideas and ideals with like minded people, those kindly folk who don’t look for conflict in everything that’s said.
Those who share and don’t look for argument
Maybe you would be happier simply ignoring my posts and i’ll ignore yours…
Yes![/quote]

You are right and I can tell you that they don’t come nastier than The Eagle.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:50 am

I’m in awe of your menu. Your table makes the whole experience better. Paul, if you were a guest at this home and arrived to find that your hostess had clearly made an enormous effort for her guests, you’d sit down and relax with a delightful chilled glass of wine and subconsciously relax feeling in excellent form.
I love the menu and will try it out. Effortless with a touch of elegance. Keep them coming. I for one am thrilled. I’m a good cook but your new ideas are simply that… new and I can almost taste the flavours and textures. You’re a great cook and I’m sure your friends love being invited to eat with you.
May I add that I always lay my table with mats, good cutlery, side plates and flowers. Even if the meal is average, you feel that you’ve actually eaten a lovely meal. I always put my vegetables into separate dishes. I love a beautiful table.
PS. Paul doesn’t know what he’s missing.
Well done Cook of the year.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:13 am

My friend who unfortunately has now died always put on a good show she too was an excellent cook and enjoyed the best things in life, but often I felt uncomfortable as was scared of knocking over one of her expensive crystal glasses and breaking it. I felt like the nervous neighbour of Hyacinth Bucket in Keeping up appearances. I explained this to her and she said pfffff dont worry they were free with coupons from the Esso garage.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paul M » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:26 am

Quote: PS. Paul doesn’t know what he’s missing.
Well done Cook of the year

Rosemary, there was no criticism of the menu, it’s simply people who come across as so superior telling others to ‘use round plates if you don’t have oblong ones’! This poster comes across like Hyacinth Bucket (Bouquet) It’s just so condescending!

The poster then goes on to lecture us that the forum is about being kind to each other and then calls others ‘nasty’ when she/he posts comments like ‘it sounds like you have never enjoyed a 3* Michelin dinner’ as though that makes you somehow vastly inferior! Then says ‘if you nip to MaccyD’s they’ll put your food in a tray or a dog bowl if you beg’.

And whilst I have eaten at Gleneagles, Turnberry, Simpsons in the Strand, The Kitchin (Leith) and many other high end Michelin star restaurants, I certainly don’t turn my nose up at the occasional McDonalds cheeseburger, doner kebab etc; food snobbery is just obnoxious!
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Previous

Return to Quesada general discussion