Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Live like a Lord in Spain

Live like a Lord in Spain

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:17 am

We’re at home in Northern Ireland and enjoying life but wow! The cost of wining and dining is prohibitive. We went to Belfast for lunch on Friday with friends to celebrate my birthday. Went to an upmarket restaurant, chose the Table d’hote menu to keep costs down. My friend and I had a glass of Prosecco to start with, the men had beer. We enjoyed a bottle of red and a bottle of white The bill included 10% service charge and the total was £240. We left there and walked over to a pub for a drink before we caught our train , 2 glasses of wine and 2 pints of Guinness £25.90
Train was free as we are all OAP’s so a great day had by all. I couldn’t help but think what out outing would have cost if we’d been in Spain. Nothing like the cost here. I received an email this morning offering a special deal for December, AFTERNOON TEA @£45 each. The cost of living here is far higher than Spain. I bought some groceries in Tesco on Saturday £116 and no meat or anything like cereal included. Everything has increased to a ridiculous price, astronomic. I’m aware that prices have increased in Spain but absolutely nothing like what we have to pay here. Be thankful. A coffee ( cappuccino) costs £3.15 here. We have a couple of coffees when out walking in Spain for less than that. I could rant all day about this!!! Suffice to say that dining out here is something I won’t be doing as often as I do in Spain.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Re: Live like a Lord in Spain

Postby marcliff » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:23 am

Average wage in UK is €2,297 per month, Ireland is €2,923. Average wage in Spain is €1,768 per month but many people are Milistas, those living on 1,000 euro a month or even less.

There is no duty on beers, wines, spirits or cider in Spain.
Maybe that has something to do with it.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Steve wilkins » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:59 pm

If you think it's bad now you may want to brace yourself for what's coming. Hyper inflation, i.e a loaf of bread for a days wages is on the way. Wait until we go to war on behalf of Israel then you'll really see prices rise.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Gustav » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:38 pm

Steve wilkins wrote:If you think it's bad now you may want to brace yourself for what's coming. Hyper inflation, i.e a loaf of bread for a days wages is on the way. Wait until we go to war on behalf of Israel then you'll really see prices rise.
People's wages and private pensions reflect the prices charged in Belfast etc,
The wages paid in spain reflect the prices charged here,
Thats why Scandinavians, brits, belguims, French like Spain there money goes further,
I thought it was Hamas that invaded Israel,
The Garzians have supported hamas in everyway,
Most aid for rebuilding the country, has been taken by Hamas to feed its troops, and aided construction materials to build tunnels,
Israel don't need any help,they have a far superior Nuclear force than many western allies,Do you actually think!a people that suffered so much will let themselves be down trodden again ,
I know from actual contacts.
Look at it this way, Isreali forces notify the civilians to leave areas of conflict , Hamas militants make them stay,
In WW2, uk , USA, etc didn't notify the the citizens of Dresden,(a town of no strategic significance) and many other cities etc when bomber Harris and Churchill decide to fire bomb civilians into submission.
a lot of country's are guilty of warmongering atrocities
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Steve wilkins » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:52 pm

Hamas is a Israeli/US creation (a well known secret). A convenient patsy to put blame on every time they want to blow the Palestinians into oblivion. You correctly point out that Israel has one of the strongest military's in the world, yet some how, a few blokes with paragliders hoped over the most secure and watched border in the world to mount an attack? Believe what you wish as it's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. A world war between chrisingdom and islam is what they want and it's going to happen. You could see the smirk on his face and the twinkle is his eye when Benji announced they had been "attacked". Go and watch it if you haven't already.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Sligogent » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:13 pm

This topic started about cost of living in Northern Ireland. It got sidetracked by Conflict in Gazza, Yes it very sad, it might have effect on cost of living everywhere, but what about Putin 10 days military operation did it not have effect on Cost of living
I am in Torrevieja area and have been Shopping for groceries my Partner left the Carrefour supermarket with shock as to prices of some Groceries items, We proceed to Lidl to learn that Groceries are a small bit cheaper
Let people not kid themselves cost of living has risen sharply in Torrevieja.
Yes Dining out and Alcohol are cheap but Dining out 7 nights a week not for us.
I also priced a Car part that is need for my Car back home in Republic of Ireland and too my amazement it is 80 euros cheaper in Republic of Ireland.
Yes weather is wonderful this time of year. We visited a weekend Market again prices not as low as we were lead to believe.
We had no heating on in Apartment yet so that is a plus. Diesel and Petrol cheaper.
Yes Dining out and Alcohol in Republic of Ireland are in Mad place but Alcohol does not interest me. Internet is cheaper in Spain.
To end my rant Spain is only a small bit cheaper for Cost of Living. Rant ovet
Sligogent

Which part of Spain are you from?: Punta Prima

Postby marcliff » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:40 pm

Not really that bothered. The amount I save on council tax here pays our food bills. I don't drink but the amount on 'er indoors bottle of wine a week is a massive 10 euro a month.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Paul M » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:10 pm

:text-goodpost:
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Benbow » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:43 pm

Gustav wrote:
Steve wilkins wrote:If you think it's bad now you may want to brace yourself for what's coming. Hyper inflation, i.e a loaf of bread for a days wages is on the way. Wait until we go to war on behalf of Israel then you'll really see prices rise.
People's wages and private pensions reflect the prices charged in Belfast etc,
The wages paid in spain reflect the prices charged here,
Thats why Scandinavians, brits, belguims, French like Spain there money goes further,
I thought it was Hamas that invaded Israel,
The Garzians have supported hamas in everyway,
Most aid for rebuilding the country, has been taken by Hamas to feed its troops, and aided construction materials to build tunnels,
Israel don't need any help,they have a far superior Nuclear force than many western allies,Do you actually think!a people that suffered so much will let themselves be down trodden again ,
I know from actual contacts.
Look at it this way, Isreali forces notify the civilians to leave areas of conflict , Hamas militants make them stay,
In WW2, uk , USA, etc didn't notify the the citizens of Dresden,(a town of no strategic significance) and many other cities etc when bomber Harris and Churchill decide to fire bomb civilians into submission.
a lot of country's are guilty of warmongering atrocities

:text-goodpost:
Benbow

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Iancorker » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:38 am

marcliff wrote:Average wage in UK is €2,297 per month, Ireland is €2,923. Average wage in Spain is €1,768 per month but many people are Milistas, those living on 1,000 euro a month or even less.

There is no duty on beers, wines, spirits or cider in Spain.
Maybe that has something to do with it.

Whats “Milistas”?
Iancorker

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion