Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Compensation Cap on Surplus Solar Energy Generated

Compensation Cap on Surplus Solar Energy Generated

Postby Samismail » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:18 pm

Hi

I have installed solar panels and set up a contract with Iberdrola to sell any surplus generated.

The compensation rate offered was a third of what they charge per kWh.

I just found out that they set a cap on how much they will compensate to the value of the energy consumed.

For example, if I consumed 30 Euros worth of electricity, they would only compensate 30 Euros, even if the surplus generated 50 Euros worth.

Does anyone know if this is standard across all suppliers, just Iberdrola or the contract I have?

Thanks

Sam
Samismail

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Re: Compensation Cap on Surplus Solar Energy Generated

Postby 300TDi » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:29 pm

I know I would get myself some batteries and give them not a cent more than I consumed. Absolute scam.
300TDi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rafal

Postby John1234 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:18 am

I am just in the process of moving to octopus they say that surplus is deducted from standing charges
John1234

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Samismail » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:12 pm

Thanks for the info.

I checked their site. The rates are cheaper and the idea of a solar wallet is what I was looking for.

I am going to contact them to switch over.
Samismail

Postby TimSha1213 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:07 pm

We're with octopus..... we have solar panels. They also fitted them for us. That was back in June. The excess euros get put into your solar wallet to use against your bill. No battery so get charged for electricity when the sun goes down..... but what is earnt during the day covers the cost of the evenings use .... obviously if you heat your pool, have air conditioning on or electric heaters this may not work out, but come the summer month you'll be in credit to cover some of this.cost.
I have a link from Octopus if you decide to switch to them that I can send you ....get us both a few euros into the solar wallet.
TimSha1213

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Samismail » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:36 pm

Thanks TimSha1213

I have tried to phone but they are busy so I emailed them.

They seem to have just the right approach.

I have a battery so my consumption this summer was low with a high surplus. It is all wasted on Iberdrola.

I could have saved enough for winter by now.
Samismail

Postby Tonbar » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:14 pm

I had solar panels installed in September. My electric company is Naturgy. They advertise 0 electric charges. My first bill was for standing charges only. I also have virtual batteries. Excess solar power not used is stored in these batteries in the cloud. From what I understand this excess power is sent back to the panels when needed. Which at night time will be very useful. My next bill is due shortly and as it gets dark earlier and we have the air con heating on it will be interesting to see how much it is.
Iberdrola offered me the option to sell back to them or virtual batteries. The sell back rate is not good also their installation price was high. I went with another company Solar Works in Alicante. They were very competitive. I have 7 panels for less than Iberdrola wanted for 6. They did all paperwork for me so very little hassle.
Tonbar

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada