Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Migrants arrive in Torrevieja by boat

Re: Migrants arrive in Torrevieja by boat

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:27 pm

I wish Suzi Wong!
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby suzi wong » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:34 pm

Chrisdee wrote:I wish Suzi Wong!

Me too
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Sage » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:04 am

In the UK this year people arriving in boats is 27284. Last year was 45755.
The total net immigration last year was 745000, this year to June is 672000.
Many don't realise that boat people are a small part of the total. The groups that make up the highest migration are students & NHS workers.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Philipb1407 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:29 am

I think we all feel for those who flee war torn countries, life there is too cheap. But the answer is not to cross Europe to head to The UK. Nor is it to head to France or Germany, these countries have major problems with immigration and the Far right or the right of centre right, are gaining support. What is needed is a concerted effort to remove the administration of the despot countries where these people are fleeing from. What I am advocating is assassination of the despots, along with their armed protectors. Only when such action is taken will the countries in question be able to rebuild and be free.

Although I’m not an advocate of the EU, I do think that a EEC style union of Arab countries across the Middle East and North Africa would be a reason to stop the internal wars and poverty, the EEC was a great tool for prosperity after WW2 to assist countries to put commerce ahead of conflict.

Such commerce in the war torn and despot controlled countries would create better living conditions, creative businesses, increase food supply and lead to peace and stability.
For all our arguments in Europe over the EU and memberships, after 75 years of peace we still value our commerce more than any disagreement that could cause conflict.

These values need to be installed in the countries where poverty is used by despots who are incredibly wealthy to control and kill the poor to keep them that way, once achieved those who flee these countries could return and build a free and democratic future for all their people. They then could create world trade and gain better life expectancy in their home lands.
Philipb1407

Postby BohsPaul » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:02 pm

Philipb1407 wrote: What is needed is a concerted effort to remove the administration of the despot countries where these people are fleeing from. What I am advocating is assassination of the despots, along with their armed protectors. Only when such action is taken will the countries in question be able to rebuild and be free.

Yeah that's exactly what's needed after all it has worked out so well in Libya....Give your head a wobble
BohsPaul

Postby Steve wilkins » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:46 pm

BohsPaul wrote:
Philipb1407 wrote: What is needed is a concerted effort to remove the administration of the despot countries where these people are fleeing from. What I am advocating is assassination of the despots, along with their armed protectors. Only when such action is taken will the countries in question be able to rebuild and be free.

Yeah that's exactly what's needed after all it has worked out so well in Libya....Give your head a wobble

Exactly. Most people don't realise that Gadaffi was a legend to his people. Anyone can look up the state of the nation back in his reign to what it is now after it was "democratised". Not only did he stop mass migration into Europe, his people had everything one could wish for when stating out in life. He could drive around in a open roof pick up truck waving, with only a small handful of guards, without any fear for his life. In contrast look how much protection our leader need. They had one of the most sophisticated irrigation systems in the world, which took water to even the most dryest of places in Libya. Then Clintons masters decided to blow the crap out of it in "freeing" the country. It's said that had it been in place recently when they had all those floods, the water would not got to the levels it did, and people towns and whole city blocks would not of been washed away down the river.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Big Wheeler » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:26 pm

The western world hasn't covered itself in glory by sticking its nose in Middle Eastern or African affairs over the last century or so.Plus the level of corruption and efforts of self government of these countries have also been not impressive.What we need is a top politician who could be a World Peace Envoy to sort it all out.How about Tony Bliar.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Philipb1407 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:43 pm

Big Wheeler wrote:The western world hasn't covered itself in glory by sticking its nose in Middle Eastern or African affairs over the last century or so.Plus the level of corruption and efforts of self government of these countries have also been not impressive.What we need is a top politician who could be a World Peace Envoy to sort it all out.How about Tony Bliar.

Isn’t Tony Blair a war criminal?
Philipb1407

Postby Gustav » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:46 am

Philipb1407 wrote:
Big Wheeler wrote:The western world hasn't covered itself in glory by sticking its nose in Middle Eastern or African affairs over the last century or so.Plus the level of corruption and efforts of self government of these countries have also been not impressive.What we need is a top politician who could be a World Peace Envoy to sort it all out.How about Tony Bliar.

Just what I though, :text-goodpost:
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Big Wheeler » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:54 pm

Philipb1407 wrote:

Have I missed the mark with my sardonic humour ? There is a reason why I mis spelled the *******'s surname.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

PreviousNext